The Hood River News provides reader comments as a way for users to interact with the paper and with each other. Users are urged to read the online and print editions of the Hood River News in order to gain a full appreciation of all topics, content, and commentary. These commenting guidelines also apply to comments posted on Hood River News social media accounts. Hood River News reserves the right to enhance or alter commenting guidelines as necessary to ensure a positive experience for all users
- Treat each other with respect.
- No racist, sexist, homophobic remarks
- No personal attacks on story authors, subjects, or other users.
- No spam, either in plain text or linked form.
- No profanity
- Please keep comments on topic
- Any comment violating the above guidelines will be removed and the user could be banned from the site.
- Feel free to suggest corrections, enhancements, ideas for follow-up stories.
- If you see a comment which you believe violates any of the above guidelines, please flag the content to bring it to the attention of a moderator.
- Should your comment be removed, before complaining about freedom of speech being violated, please read and understand the First Amendment.
Comments are subject to moderator review and may not appear immediately on the site.