Friday, August 10, 2001
A support group for people with HIV/AIDS meets Fridays at 10:30 a.m., starting Aug. 24.
Individuals or referring agencies can call for further information, to Lucinda Taylor, LCSW, at Cascade Counseling, 541-386-1233 or 800-303-1233.
The group is non-directive, encourages individuals to identify their personal needs, and emphasizes openness, love, and trust, Taylor said.
The support group is the only one of its kind in the Gorge, and is part of AIDS/HIV services offered since 1993 by Cascade Counseling.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for April 29
- Library District wins award for Odell Library Express project
- OSU spring plant sale canceled
- HRVHS music students win spots at state championships in May
- Summer youth employment at Next Door
- Patterson takes second at Oregon Speech event
- Delta Kappa marks 50 years, holds Spring Fling Bingo May 13
- Steelhead Robotics returns from World event
- Local students named to OSU honor roll
- Destination Imagination team prepares for Global Finals
I Can't Keep Quiet singers at "Citizen Town Hall"
‘I can’t keep quiet,’ sing members of an impromptu choir in front of Hood River Middle School Saturday prior to the citizen town hall for questions to Rep. Greg Walden. The song addresses female empowerment generally and sexual violence implicitly, and gained prominence during the International Women’s Day events in January. The singers braved a sudden squall to finish their song and about 220 people gathered in HRMS auditorium, which will be the scene of the April 12 town hall with Rep. Greg Walden, at 3 p.m. Enlarge