Friday, August 10, 2001
A support group for people with HIV/AIDS meets Fridays at 10:30 a.m., starting Aug. 24.
Individuals or referring agencies can call for further information, to Lucinda Taylor, LCSW, at Cascade Counseling, 541-386-1233 or 800-303-1233.
The group is non-directive, encourages individuals to identify their personal needs, and emphasizes openness, love, and trust, Taylor said.
The support group is the only one of its kind in the Gorge, and is part of AIDS/HIV services offered since 1993 by Cascade Counseling.
More like this story
- On Stage for Christmas
- Gorge Kids in Action — filling a wish list for others
- Looking for fun? Try mini-golf this weekend
- Warm gifts: Parkhurst says thank you
- Hospice Youth thanks veterans for their service
- Lions grocery contest winners announced
- Columbia Art Center ‘Nook’ features artist Steve Stegall
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 28
- Minoru Yasui: Governor adds to Hood River native’s Presidential Medal of Freedom honor
- Class of ’66 seeks classmates
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge