Friday, August 10, 2001
A support group for people with HIV/AIDS meets Fridays at 10:30 a.m., starting Aug. 24.
Individuals or referring agencies can call for further information, to Lucinda Taylor, LCSW, at Cascade Counseling, 541-386-1233 or 800-303-1233.
The group is non-directive, encourages individuals to identify their personal needs, and emphasizes openness, love, and trust, Taylor said.
The support group is the only one of its kind in the Gorge, and is part of AIDS/HIV services offered since 1993 by Cascade Counseling.
More like this story
- Cascade Locks brush fire contained
- Lorang Fine Art open house will be Oct. 4
- Body of missing paddle boarder found in Columbia River
- Lummi Totem visits Hood River
- Living with Smoke
- Toward a healthier HRV: Health Center serves students this fall
- CL Port hosts Aug. 29 Bridge of the Gods walk
- Lost hiker, 75, found safe at Laurance Lake
- Brian Stenberg returns to his roots as Horizon’s new A.D.
- In its fifth running, Paddle Challenge is bigger than ever
Helicopter searches for hiker
BLACKHAWK helicopter flies over Mt. Hood National Forest near Laurance Lake on Friday, Aug. 21. The military aircraft was called in to help police seek a missing hiker from The Dalles. Enlarge