Friday, August 10, 2001
A support group for people with HIV/AIDS meets Fridays at 10:30 a.m., starting Aug. 24.
Individuals or referring agencies can call for further information, to Lucinda Taylor, LCSW, at Cascade Counseling, 541-386-1233 or 800-303-1233.
The group is non-directive, encourages individuals to identify their personal needs, and emphasizes openness, love, and trust, Taylor said.
The support group is the only one of its kind in the Gorge, and is part of AIDS/HIV services offered since 1993 by Cascade Counseling.
More like this story
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 24
- Music Festival of the Gorge Sept. 17
- Cult-classic ‘Rocky Horror Show’ comes to the Gorge
- Audition for ‘Owen Meany’s Christmas Pageant’ Sept. 8, 10
- Marbach launches ‘Columbia – Source To Sea’ campaign
- As time — and transportation — move on, so does Hood River
- Yesteryears: Lost Lake, found, 56 years ago this summer — in 1936
- ‘Get Outside for Education’ Aug. 27
- Hood Crest goes from whim to solid rock ‘n wood winery
- YoHOHs spread summer cheer
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge