Tuesday, August 14, 2001
The Fruit Loop Cookbook will be unveiled at 3 p.m. Sunday. at the CAST Performing Arts Center, 105 Fourth St., Hood River.
The book is dedicated to Thom Nelson, who was Executive Director of the Hood River Grower Shipper Association for 15 years.
The first two copies of the cookbook will be presented to his children, Katie and Erik, during the open house at CAST.
The following complimentary desserts will be served, featuring recipes from the cookbook. Coffee and tea will also be served. There is no charge for admission and the community is invited to attend. The book will be for sale at Waucoma Bookstore immediately after the dedication ceremony for $12.95.
The Fruit Loop Cookbook profiles each of the 25 participating member farms with a page written about each farm, followed by their family's favorite recipes.
Funding for The Fruit Loop Cookbook was provided, in part, with a grant from the Oregon State Lottery through the Regional Investment Fund administered by the State of Oregon Economic and Community Development Department.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Dec. 16
- Gorge Happiness Month: Mandy Kurfurst uses ‘The Daily Three’ to center herself
- Police Log, Nov. 27 to Dec. 10
- ‘Operation Christmas Child’ sets collection record for 2017 campaign
- FutureBus visits Cascade Locks Elementary
- History Museum of Hood River County hosts open house Saturday
- Pet of the Week: Gus the Yorkie is ‘sweetest in town’
- Kegler's Corner: Rod Pratt Bowls Bigly
- ‘Loving Vincent’ Dec. 20 at CCA
- How to help during the holidays