Tuesday, August 14, 2001
The Fruit Loop Cookbook will be unveiled at 3 p.m. Sunday. at the CAST Performing Arts Center, 105 Fourth St., Hood River.
The book is dedicated to Thom Nelson, who was Executive Director of the Hood River Grower Shipper Association for 15 years.
The first two copies of the cookbook will be presented to his children, Katie and Erik, during the open house at CAST.
The following complimentary desserts will be served, featuring recipes from the cookbook. Coffee and tea will also be served. There is no charge for admission and the community is invited to attend. The book will be for sale at Waucoma Bookstore immediately after the dedication ceremony for $12.95.
The Fruit Loop Cookbook profiles each of the 25 participating member farms with a page written about each farm, followed by their family's favorite recipes.
Funding for The Fruit Loop Cookbook was provided, in part, with a grant from the Oregon State Lottery through the Regional Investment Fund administered by the State of Oregon Economic and Community Development Department.
More like this story
- Library announces Odell bus service
- Learn the art of personal storytelling
- Steelhead, Chinook fishing clinic Feb. 27
- Help library win ‘Million Page Challenge’
- Church News: Nazarene’s install new pastor
- Letters to the Editor for Feb. 6
- MAILS and Marijuana: Legislators right to work to stamp out a bad, old regulation
- Entertainment Update for Feb. 6
- The Porch: Feb. 6
- ‘Pass The Pig’: HRVHS plans FFA Week events