Wednesday, December 12, 2001
These holiday events are scheduled in the Mid-Columbia this week:
* Fairydell Store, 1104 First Ave., Mosier, offers free cider and treats from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. On Dec. 22, Fairydell hosts a cookie exchange: bring four dozen of your own cookies and take four dozen that others have made.
* The Hood River Saturday Christmas Market unfolds from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Vineyard Christian Fellowship Church located at Ninth Street and Eugene in Hood River.
More than 40 Hood River Saturday Market vendors will be on hand. There will be wreathes, jewelry, jams and jellies, outdoor apparel, furniture, pottery, paintings, sculpture, aromotherapy products and many other handcrafted items. The event will wrap up a successful 10th season for the Hood River Saturday Market.
"Nothin' But Treble" will perform carols.
* Post office hours: Saturday, the Hood River Post Office holds extended hours from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.; Parkdale Post Office will be open Saturday from 8:30 to 112:30 a.m.
* Skamania Lodge in Stevenson, Wash., starts its "Gift of Music" series Sunday with an hour-long performance by Oregon Repertory Singers, 6:30 p.m. Admission, hot chocolate, and wassail, are free.
More like this story
- History Museum offers chance to ‘step back in time’
- Yesteryears: Hood River County Fair draws record crowds in 1986
- FFA, 4-H livestock auction July 29
- Burn ban? No problem, no smoke, if you have a ‘burn box’
- Friends of Mount Adams guide hikes on Sept. 10
- Gehrig’s Chevron hits 70 year mark
- Sheriff Log, July 17 to 23
- Police Log, June 27 to July 8
- Letters to the Editor for July 27
- Local Impact: United Way helps, 'one person at a time'
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge