Wednesday, December 12, 2001
These holiday events are scheduled in the Mid-Columbia this week:
* Fairydell Store, 1104 First Ave., Mosier, offers free cider and treats from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. On Dec. 22, Fairydell hosts a cookie exchange: bring four dozen of your own cookies and take four dozen that others have made.
* The Hood River Saturday Christmas Market unfolds from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Vineyard Christian Fellowship Church located at Ninth Street and Eugene in Hood River.
More than 40 Hood River Saturday Market vendors will be on hand. There will be wreathes, jewelry, jams and jellies, outdoor apparel, furniture, pottery, paintings, sculpture, aromotherapy products and many other handcrafted items. The event will wrap up a successful 10th season for the Hood River Saturday Market.
"Nothin' But Treble" will perform carols.
* Post office hours: Saturday, the Hood River Post Office holds extended hours from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.; Parkdale Post Office will be open Saturday from 8:30 to 112:30 a.m.
* Skamania Lodge in Stevenson, Wash., starts its "Gift of Music" series Sunday with an hour-long performance by Oregon Repertory Singers, 6:30 p.m. Admission, hot chocolate, and wassail, are free.
More like this story
- Service announcements for Oct. 29: Jennifer Ringlbauer and Bertha Gallagher
- Death notices for Oct. 29: Mary Hoyt and Manuel Zamudio
- Parkdale Pumpkin parade, fun run Oct. 29
- HR artist crafts White Salmon sign
- Three appeals filed on UP’s Mosier track project
- Search suspended for west Gorge hiker
- Yesteryears: Trailer-house colony plan to ease housing shortage abandoned in 1946
- Police Log, Oct. 1 to 8
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 26
- ‘Remember Minoru’: Hood River community honors a civil rights hero
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge