Wednesday, December 12, 2001
These holiday events are scheduled in the Mid-Columbia this week:
* Fairydell Store, 1104 First Ave., Mosier, offers free cider and treats from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. On Dec. 22, Fairydell hosts a cookie exchange: bring four dozen of your own cookies and take four dozen that others have made.
* The Hood River Saturday Christmas Market unfolds from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Vineyard Christian Fellowship Church located at Ninth Street and Eugene in Hood River.
More than 40 Hood River Saturday Market vendors will be on hand. There will be wreathes, jewelry, jams and jellies, outdoor apparel, furniture, pottery, paintings, sculpture, aromotherapy products and many other handcrafted items. The event will wrap up a successful 10th season for the Hood River Saturday Market.
"Nothin' But Treble" will perform carols.
* Post office hours: Saturday, the Hood River Post Office holds extended hours from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.; Parkdale Post Office will be open Saturday from 8:30 to 112:30 a.m.
* Skamania Lodge in Stevenson, Wash., starts its "Gift of Music" series Sunday with an hour-long performance by Oregon Repertory Singers, 6:30 p.m. Admission, hot chocolate, and wassail, are free.
More like this story
- On Stage for Christmas
- Gorge Kids in Action — filling a wish list for others
- Looking for fun? Try mini-golf this weekend
- Warm gifts: Parkhurst says thank you
- Hospice Youth thanks veterans for their service
- Lions grocery contest winners announced
- Columbia Art Center ‘Nook’ features artist Steve Stegall
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 28
- Minoru Yasui: Governor adds to Hood River native’s Presidential Medal of Freedom honor
- Class of ’66 seeks classmates
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge