Wednesday, December 12, 2001
These holiday events are scheduled in the Mid-Columbia this week:
* Fairydell Store, 1104 First Ave., Mosier, offers free cider and treats from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. On Dec. 22, Fairydell hosts a cookie exchange: bring four dozen of your own cookies and take four dozen that others have made.
* The Hood River Saturday Christmas Market unfolds from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Vineyard Christian Fellowship Church located at Ninth Street and Eugene in Hood River.
More than 40 Hood River Saturday Market vendors will be on hand. There will be wreathes, jewelry, jams and jellies, outdoor apparel, furniture, pottery, paintings, sculpture, aromotherapy products and many other handcrafted items. The event will wrap up a successful 10th season for the Hood River Saturday Market.
"Nothin' But Treble" will perform carols.
* Post office hours: Saturday, the Hood River Post Office holds extended hours from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.; Parkdale Post Office will be open Saturday from 8:30 to 112:30 a.m.
* Skamania Lodge in Stevenson, Wash., starts its "Gift of Music" series Sunday with an hour-long performance by Oregon Repertory Singers, 6:30 p.m. Admission, hot chocolate, and wassail, are free.
More like this story
- Update -- Police seeking man involved in kidnapping between Mosier, Portland
- Back to school for students in Hood River County
- Cascade Observations: Looking back, looking ahead
- HRV Health Center opens
- Wine takes center stage this week, weekend
- Yesteryears: Cornerstone laid at new St. Mark’s in 1925
- Entertainment Update for Sept. 2
- Columbia Gorge Discovery Center dedicates renewable energy exhibit
- Pet of the Week: Angelina loves car rides, long walks
- Public Records — Marriage Permits, July 31 to Aug. 31
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge