Wednesday, December 12, 2001
Producers of the annual Fruit Loop map are looking for Hood River Valley growers of fruit and other ag products for the 2002 Fruit Loop brochure and map.
During 2001, the Fruit Loop produced and distributed 55,000 copies of the map throughout the Columbia Gorge. The Fruit Loop brochure and map, as well as several related harvest season promotions, are designed to increase knowledge and appreciation of the importance and value of agriculture in the Hood River Valley. Farm businesses must 1) offer an on-farm, rural experience and 2) be located within Hood River County. Annual dues range from $195 to $395, depending on the length of season open. Growers interested in becoming part of the Fruit Loop in 2002 can call Kaye White, Fruit Loop Marketing Director, at 541-386-7697. The deadline for completed packets to be returned is Jan. 1, 2002.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 22
- Another Voice: Community of caring, and the public issue of homelessness
- ‘Catch Me If You Can’ opens next weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 22
- Bridging Marine Park
- Death café at the library Oct. 26
- Halloween’s a Coming: Your Guide to Fun Oct. 29-31
- What’s the BUZZ on pollinators?
- Q and A: HR City Council candidate question and answer
- Sports Briefs for Oct. 22
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge