Wednesday, December 12, 2001
Producers of the annual Fruit Loop map are looking for Hood River Valley growers of fruit and other ag products for the 2002 Fruit Loop brochure and map.
During 2001, the Fruit Loop produced and distributed 55,000 copies of the map throughout the Columbia Gorge. The Fruit Loop brochure and map, as well as several related harvest season promotions, are designed to increase knowledge and appreciation of the importance and value of agriculture in the Hood River Valley. Farm businesses must 1) offer an on-farm, rural experience and 2) be located within Hood River County. Annual dues range from $195 to $395, depending on the length of season open. Growers interested in becoming part of the Fruit Loop in 2002 can call Kaye White, Fruit Loop Marketing Director, at 541-386-7697. The deadline for completed packets to be returned is Jan. 1, 2002.
More like this story
- Yesteryears: Postal Route 6 added to HR Postal Service 1975
- Art Sale and Show at CCA
- Wy’east lists first-quarter honor roll
- How to Help, updated for Nov. 25
- Friends of Mt. Adams host ‘Cougar Creek burn’ forum
- Freeze Frames
- Daily Bread: The parting gift
- Travelogue: Family’s two-year sojourn in Bangkok connects them to the people
- Ornament sale benefits Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Gorge Owned presents ‘Glacier Caves of the Pacific Northwest’
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge