Wednesday, December 12, 2001
Producers of the annual Fruit Loop map are looking for Hood River Valley growers of fruit and other ag products for the 2002 Fruit Loop brochure and map.
During 2001, the Fruit Loop produced and distributed 55,000 copies of the map throughout the Columbia Gorge. The Fruit Loop brochure and map, as well as several related harvest season promotions, are designed to increase knowledge and appreciation of the importance and value of agriculture in the Hood River Valley. Farm businesses must 1) offer an on-farm, rural experience and 2) be located within Hood River County. Annual dues range from $195 to $395, depending on the length of season open. Growers interested in becoming part of the Fruit Loop in 2002 can call Kaye White, Fruit Loop Marketing Director, at 541-386-7697. The deadline for completed packets to be returned is Jan. 1, 2002.
More like this story
- Peace Walk: Take steps for a ‘safe future’ on Wednesday
- ‘We Love You to China and Back’: Community rallies for local family on July 31
- Mosier groundwater contaminated after derailment spill
- Stage set for new waterfront buildings
- Hood River Farmers’ Market offers local produce, more
- July 23 Stoked anniversary bash helps LymeLight
- Paving closes exit 62
- Foster parent recruitment meeting July 25 in TD
- Gaulke Dental joins Hood River Dental
- Rand Road water line
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge