Wednesday, December 19, 2001
How big is big? A 185,000 foot square building has the same footprint size as these combined downtown businesses CM & WO Shepperd, Dave's Sports, At Home on Oak Street, Andrew’s Pizza and Bakery, Skylight Theater and Pub, Cascade Travel, Air Time Hood River, Bank of America, Columbia Art Gallery, Central Cascade Alliance, the basement of the Hood River Police Department, Franz Hardware, Sail World, Hood River Nutrition, Blossoms Eatery, Informal Flowers, Hood River Hotel, Pietro’s Pizza, Windwing, River City Saloon, American Legion, Scott Insurance, Apland Jewelers, Waucoma Bookstore, Midtown Mall, The Wearhouse, Anna’s Boutique, The Gift House Windermere Glenn Taylor Real Estate Office (2nd and Oak), Hood River Restaurant, Gorge Fly Shop, Discover Bicycles, The Trillium Cafe, A Salon Day Spa Boutique, Frolik, Hood River Stationers, Antiques and Oddities, Down Town Chiropractic, The Next Door Inc., Van Metre's Furniture, Hood River Masonic Lodge, the law office of Jaques, Sharp, Sherrerd and FitzSimons, the law office of Soshkowski and Bischof, Hood River City Administration, Twigs, Benefit Consultants, Acorn Trading Company, Columbia Scooters, Annz Panz, Kerrits, International Museum of Carousel Arts, Wine and Internet Bar, Carousel Candy Company, the law office of Annala, Thompson, Carey and Baker, Christian Supply, The Crazy Pepper Cantina, CAST Performing Art Center, The Frame Gallery and half of Columbia Gorge Trading and Pawn.
Duckwall Pooley Fruit Company's largest building is 30,000 square feet. Diamond Fruit Company's main building at Diamond Central is 90,000 square feet.
Gary J. Fields
More like this story
- ‘Operation Dry Water’ this weekend
- The Next Door marks 45 years
- Letter to the Editor for June 25
- No to oil trains
- Another Voice: Trains in the Columbia Gorge are going in the wrong direction
- Another Voice: Parks District should focus efforts on a west side site, not Barrett property
- HRV students earn Ford Foundation scholarships
- This summer, 'Have a Free Book'
- New varsity basketball coaches Christopher Dirks and Donnie Herneisen look to reinvigorate HRV program
- Sports Briefs for June 25
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge