Wednesday, December 19, 2001
Friday, Dec. 21 is the final day of school for Hood River County School District until Jan. 7. Students will be released at the regular times. Now that the kids have free time, here are a few suggestions for vacation activities:
On Dec. 22, a class in holiday cookies and cookie tree decoration goes from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., for children of all ages. Class costs $25, including lunch.
A mural painting workshop for kids aged 8-12 will be Jan. 2, 10 to 12:30 p.m.; cost is $50, at Coe Primary Building. For either class, call Community Education at 386-2055.
Discovery Center Museum in The Dalles is holding an all-night sleepover starting at 7 p.m. on Dec. 27 and lasting to 10 a.m. Dec. 28. The event is for kids in grades 4-8. Call 296-8600 for details.
* Older kids might enjoy the scheduled Christmas Bird Counts with their children, coordinated by Gorge Audubon Society. They are Dec. 29 in Klickitat County and Dec. 30 in Hood River. Rendezvous times is 7 a.m.; call 509-493-3363, ext. 5 for the Dec. 29 event, and 409-493-1195 for the Dec. 30 event. Watch the Dec. 22 the Hood River News for details.
More like this story
- Death notices for Oct. 22: Ellyn Kane, George Kimball, Kenneth Leibham and Barbara Pink
- Service Announcements for Oct. 22: Louise Neitch and Betty Johnson
- Yesteryears: Cooper’s Spur Road completed in 1926
- ‘Age of Dignity’ discussion series starts Oct. 22
- Advocacy Center holds fundraiser Oct. 22
- Roots and Branches: Find and use your tools
- Columbia Gorge Peace Village hosts film
- WS Library holds ‘Boys in the Boat’ talk Oct. 22
- Gorge receives national honor this weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 19
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge