Wednesday, December 19, 2001
Friday, Dec. 21 is the final day of school for Hood River County School District until Jan. 7. Students will be released at the regular times. Now that the kids have free time, here are a few suggestions for vacation activities:
On Dec. 22, a class in holiday cookies and cookie tree decoration goes from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., for children of all ages. Class costs $25, including lunch.
A mural painting workshop for kids aged 8-12 will be Jan. 2, 10 to 12:30 p.m.; cost is $50, at Coe Primary Building. For either class, call Community Education at 386-2055.
Discovery Center Museum in The Dalles is holding an all-night sleepover starting at 7 p.m. on Dec. 27 and lasting to 10 a.m. Dec. 28. The event is for kids in grades 4-8. Call 296-8600 for details.
* Older kids might enjoy the scheduled Christmas Bird Counts with their children, coordinated by Gorge Audubon Society. They are Dec. 29 in Klickitat County and Dec. 30 in Hood River. Rendezvous times is 7 a.m.; call 509-493-3363, ext. 5 for the Dec. 29 event, and 409-493-1195 for the Dec. 30 event. Watch the Dec. 22 the Hood River News for details.
More like this story
- Citizen group rises to oppose Westside plan
- Defeat the Heat: Officials urge safe beach use, paddling preparedness
- Culvert repair project at Indian Creek will begin June 26
- Students from Hood River selected for China trip
- Vintage bridal gowns now on display at History Museum
- The Porch for June 24
- Art of Community revised
- Letters to the Editor for June 24
- Hang up and walk: Distracted pedestrians are on the rise
- U.S. Hwy 30 bridge work underway
Hood River Valley High School graduation 2017
Scenes from graduation of the class of 2017 at Hood River Valley High School Enlarge