Wednesday, December 19, 2001
Friday, Dec. 21 is the final day of school for Hood River County School District until Jan. 7. Students will be released at the regular times. Now that the kids have free time, here are a few suggestions for vacation activities:
On Dec. 22, a class in holiday cookies and cookie tree decoration goes from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., for children of all ages. Class costs $25, including lunch.
A mural painting workshop for kids aged 8-12 will be Jan. 2, 10 to 12:30 p.m.; cost is $50, at Coe Primary Building. For either class, call Community Education at 386-2055.
Discovery Center Museum in The Dalles is holding an all-night sleepover starting at 7 p.m. on Dec. 27 and lasting to 10 a.m. Dec. 28. The event is for kids in grades 4-8. Call 296-8600 for details.
* Older kids might enjoy the scheduled Christmas Bird Counts with their children, coordinated by Gorge Audubon Society. They are Dec. 29 in Klickitat County and Dec. 30 in Hood River. Rendezvous times is 7 a.m.; call 509-493-3363, ext. 5 for the Dec. 29 event, and 409-493-1195 for the Dec. 30 event. Watch the Dec. 22 the Hood River News for details.
More like this story
- Update -- Police seeking man involved in kidnapping between Mosier, Portland
- Back to school for students in Hood River County
- Cascade Observations: Looking back, looking ahead
- HRV Health Center opens
- Wine takes center stage this week, weekend
- Yesteryears: Cornerstone laid at new St. Mark’s in 1925
- Entertainment Update for Sept. 2
- Columbia Gorge Discovery Center dedicates renewable energy exhibit
- Pet of the Week: Angelina loves car rides, long walks
- Public Records — Marriage Permits, July 31 to Aug. 31
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge