Wednesday, December 19, 2001
Friday, Dec. 21 is the final day of school for Hood River County School District until Jan. 7. Students will be released at the regular times. Now that the kids have free time, here are a few suggestions for vacation activities:
On Dec. 22, a class in holiday cookies and cookie tree decoration goes from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., for children of all ages. Class costs $25, including lunch.
A mural painting workshop for kids aged 8-12 will be Jan. 2, 10 to 12:30 p.m.; cost is $50, at Coe Primary Building. For either class, call Community Education at 386-2055.
Discovery Center Museum in The Dalles is holding an all-night sleepover starting at 7 p.m. on Dec. 27 and lasting to 10 a.m. Dec. 28. The event is for kids in grades 4-8. Call 296-8600 for details.
* Older kids might enjoy the scheduled Christmas Bird Counts with their children, coordinated by Gorge Audubon Society. They are Dec. 29 in Klickitat County and Dec. 30 in Hood River. Rendezvous times is 7 a.m.; call 509-493-3363, ext. 5 for the Dec. 29 event, and 409-493-1195 for the Dec. 30 event. Watch the Dec. 22 the Hood River News for details.
More like this story
- Pick of the Week: ‘Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead’ at CCA
- HR County Library District holds annual Unity Picnic to celebrate diversity, reading
- YESTERYEARS: Hood River pool facing possible closure in 1987
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 23
- ANOTHER VOICE: Call on Gorge Commission to take a stand on coal transport pollution
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 23 edition
- Lions Fundraiser ‘Applerama’ in danger of cancellation
- The Ale List: Full Sail and Harrington team up with Red Ale
- ‘Sketchbook Project’ invites conversation
- poTENtial series continues at Center for Arts
Planet Fly at Pfriem
The band Planet Fly plays at Pfriem in an outdoor concert. Enlarge