Wednesday, November 14, 2001
I was moved to see such an outpouring of interest in the recent Afghan presentation that occured Nov. 3. I was very disturbed, however, to read that Professor Zaher Wahab received a standing ovation to his comment, "A crime was committed on Sept. 11. You don't answer a crime with a war." I only wish I could have attended the presentation. I would like to have responded to that comment with this: "Look around you and imagine 15 times as many people in the room. Now, imagine all of you being killed in a single act." A crime is shoplifting or destroying a flag. Killing 6,000 innocent civilians on Sept. 11, 2001 was an act of war. I would be intersted to hear Professor Wahab's views regarding what happened at Pearl Harbor. Was that just an act of vandalism on a military base?
Dr. Bradford C. Ashley
More like this story
- Gorge quilters featured in area shows this summer and fall
- Entertainment Update for July 30
- ‘American Pickers’ seeks local troves
- Richard Tillinghast concert at library Aug 10
- Gorge Soup art grant applications due Aug. 20
- Elections 2016: Gudman talks state treasurer bid during Hood River visit
- Ways of the Wind: July weather a windfall
- ‘Officer Friendly’ Sergeant Jesse Flem retires after 30 years
- Summer construction closes roads in Mount Hood National Forest
- Chief Wells resigns from Fire Dept.
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge