Wednesday, November 21, 2001
We the community, not. My husgand and I have lived in Hood River for 32 years. We both want the new Wal-Mart. It's the only place in town our family can shop for undergarments and etc. Downtown shops are too expensive, and do not provide items needed for two young boys. I would rather take my money to Portland or The Dalles, if we lost Wal-Mart. That's what we did before Wal-Mart came to Hood River. The excuse about having too many box buildings is just than, an excuse. Everywhere I look there's a box building.
So please, do not include my husband and I when you say "We the community" because or opinion has not been asked for. My husband and I want the new Wal-Mart.
Tracy N. Johnson
More like this story
- History Museum offers chance to ‘step back in time’
- Yesteryears: Hood River County Fair draws record crowds in 1986
- FFA, 4-H livestock auction July 29
- Burn ban? No problem, no smoke, if you have a ‘burn box’
- Friends of Mount Adams guide hikes on Sept. 10
- Gehrig’s Chevron hits 70 year mark
- Sheriff Log, July 17 to 23
- Police Log, June 27 to July 8
- Letters to the Editor for July 27
- Local Impact: United Way helps, 'one person at a time'
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge