Wednesday, October 3, 2001
The Hood River Billiards and Chess Club has opened at Horsefeathers Big Horse Brew Pub.
The grand opening party was scheduled for 6 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 2.
The club, initially to run on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, will feature two Brunswick Ventura tables clothed in Italian Granito cloth, as well as multiple chess sets, boards and clocks.
Cristy Barsky, 1982 New England Women's Chess Champion and 1997 VNEA International 9-Ball Champion, will be house professional. At the grand opening, Barsky and other special guests will do a trick shot and simultaneous chess exhibition.
Starting Oct. 3, the club will be open Tuesday through Thursday from 4 to 7 p.m. for drop-in play, challenge matches, and informal play. Handicapped 9 Ball tournaments will be on Tuesdays, handicapped 8 Ball tournaments on Wednesdays, and a chess tournament on Thursdays. On the last Saturday of each month there will be a daytime chess tournament from 11 to 4 p.m. The club will also provide parent/child, group and private lessons, as well as private and public functions.
The club hopes to attract players of all ages and skill levels. For information, call Barsky at 490-3124.
More like this story
- HRVHS Speech and Debate finds tournament success
- Rocket building class Nov. 22
- Business Notes for Nov. 18
- Church News: Interfaith Thanksgiving service Nov. 20 in White Salmon
- Northwest author pens book of hunting stories
- HAHRC BEATS: Preventing type 2 diabetes begins with changes
- US Postal Service debuts Alzheimer’s fundraising stamp
- Oregon State Parks celebrate ‘Green Friday’
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 18
- Kegler's Corner: Randy’s Painting Tops Industrial
Blasting on I84
Blasting on I84 Enlarge