Wednesday, October 3, 2001
On the heels of September's successful kick-off to First Friday in Hood River, the Hood River Downtown Business Association and the Columbia Gorge Arts and Culture Council continues this art and music driven event on the first Friday of each month through the end of the year.
First Fridays are a cooperative effort between downtown merchants and local artists and musicians for the benefit of everyone. Artists are on hand to create, display and sell their artwork and musicians will be playing at a variety of locations throughout downtown.
Each participating business hosts a featured artist who will be on hand for the evening. The more than 35 hosting businesses extend their hours from 5 to 8 p.m. that night and many also provide food and drink for the public.
Highlighted musicians for this Friday's event include Samba Hood Rio, Ivy Rose and Don Delano, Wild River, Montraville & Darla, and Crazy Hearts.
For more information about First Friday contact Downtown Business Association coordinator Joanie Thomson at 308-6738.
More like this story
- Library Tree
- Yesteryears: Phase one of new skate park slated to begin in September 1996
- Around the Gorge: Genealogy and more scheduled for Gorge-area venues
- ‘Rock, Paper, Scissors’ Friday
- Archers urged beware of fire dangers, note new regulations
- Idlewilde Cemetery ‘residents’ are not forgotten, thanks to Cemetery Tales
- Roots and Branches: Drums, song carry Minoru Yasui’s message forward
- Washington responders to get notice of oil train shipments
- Oregon Poet Laureate advising Celilo Park project
- Historic Highway trail piece opens Sept. 24
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge