Wednesday, October 3, 2001
On the heels of September's successful kick-off to First Friday in Hood River, the Hood River Downtown Business Association and the Columbia Gorge Arts and Culture Council continues this art and music driven event on the first Friday of each month through the end of the year.
First Fridays are a cooperative effort between downtown merchants and local artists and musicians for the benefit of everyone. Artists are on hand to create, display and sell their artwork and musicians will be playing at a variety of locations throughout downtown.
Each participating business hosts a featured artist who will be on hand for the evening. The more than 35 hosting businesses extend their hours from 5 to 8 p.m. that night and many also provide food and drink for the public.
Highlighted musicians for this Friday's event include Samba Hood Rio, Ivy Rose and Don Delano, Wild River, Montraville & Darla, and Crazy Hearts.
For more information about First Friday contact Downtown Business Association coordinator Joanie Thomson at 308-6738.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for June 21
- Another Voice: New legislation is win-win for community college students
- Fight leads to reported stabbing in Cascade Locks
- Former Hood River resident dies in wreck on I-84
- Columbia sturgeon season returns
- High Prairie Firehouse Sale back this weekend
- Roots and Branches: High energy children and the belief to succeed
- Entertainment Update for June 21
- Loretta and Patsy: Together Again
- Sports briefs for June 21
Hood River Valley High School graduation 2017
Scenes from graduation of the class of 2017 at Hood River Valley High School Enlarge