Wednesday, October 3, 2001
On the heels of September's successful kick-off to First Friday in Hood River, the Hood River Downtown Business Association and the Columbia Gorge Arts and Culture Council continues this art and music driven event on the first Friday of each month through the end of the year.
First Fridays are a cooperative effort between downtown merchants and local artists and musicians for the benefit of everyone. Artists are on hand to create, display and sell their artwork and musicians will be playing at a variety of locations throughout downtown.
Each participating business hosts a featured artist who will be on hand for the evening. The more than 35 hosting businesses extend their hours from 5 to 8 p.m. that night and many also provide food and drink for the public.
Highlighted musicians for this Friday's event include Samba Hood Rio, Ivy Rose and Don Delano, Wild River, Montraville & Darla, and Crazy Hearts.
For more information about First Friday contact Downtown Business Association coordinator Joanie Thomson at 308-6738.
More like this story
- Death notices for Aug. 23 edition: Kenny Newlan and Roland Solberg
- Service announcements for Aug. 23 edition: Gary Thelen and David DeGroot
- Bingen blood drive Aug. 30
- Reader Photos: Enjoying the Eclipse
- Eclipse Scenes
- Pet of the Week: Roxy is happy, friendly girl
- ‘Walk with Ease’ starts in September
- ‘Terrific Tale of Thumbelina’ Aug. 25 at Arts Center
- Police Log, Aug. 7 to 13
- ‘Wheels of Hope’ nominations sought
Planet Fly at Pfriem
The band Planet Fly plays at Pfriem in an outdoor concert. Enlarge