Wednesday, October 3, 2001
On the heels of September's successful kick-off to First Friday in Hood River, the Hood River Downtown Business Association and the Columbia Gorge Arts and Culture Council continues this art and music driven event on the first Friday of each month through the end of the year.
First Fridays are a cooperative effort between downtown merchants and local artists and musicians for the benefit of everyone. Artists are on hand to create, display and sell their artwork and musicians will be playing at a variety of locations throughout downtown.
Each participating business hosts a featured artist who will be on hand for the evening. The more than 35 hosting businesses extend their hours from 5 to 8 p.m. that night and many also provide food and drink for the public.
Highlighted musicians for this Friday's event include Samba Hood Rio, Ivy Rose and Don Delano, Wild River, Montraville & Darla, and Crazy Hearts.
For more information about First Friday contact Downtown Business Association coordinator Joanie Thomson at 308-6738.
More like this story
- Vandalized sign prompts security precautions at CL School Friday
- Death Notices for Oct. 1: Jack Stone, Jack Stone, Viola Wells, and Gerald Culp
- Service Announcement for Oct. 1: Calvin Peck
- Mt. Hood’s Timberline Trail reopens after upgrades
- Unemployment remains low in Hood River, Wasco Counties
- Bluegrass Jamboree celebrates 17 years
- Man drowns in Pine Hollow reservoir
- Discovery Center hosts ‘This Place’ discussion Oct. 8
- High school senior expands book box project
- All About Fall: Your guide to a bountiful, beautiful time in the Gorge
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge