Wednesday, October 3, 2001
I have never written a letter to the editor before today, but I'm just about fed up with the price of gas around here. I just returned from a trip to Portland today. While I was there, I filled my truck up with regular unleaded for $1.59 per gallon. I drove to Hood River (took me about 45 minutes, not enough time for anything drastic to have happened) and found the gas prices here averaged from $1.89 per gallon on up to $2.09! And people wonder why we spend our money somewhere else whenever we have the chance? You can't convince me that it costs an extra 30 cents per gallon to get the gas another 61 miles. It's too bad that our local businesses have most of us over the barrel.
Aaron and Teresa Swafford
More like this story
- Into the thick of 'thinning'
- Hood River School Board okays bond request
- What's going on for Valentine's and President's Day?
- Cascade Locks Port will rebuild historic engine building
- Gorge Foundation gains major donation
- Entertainment Update for Feb. 13
- Arts center celebrates 10 years with free Kick-Off Party
- Letters to the Editor for Feb. 13
- Editorial: Pool Queue
- City Council approves ‘symbolic’ step on gun control