Wednesday, October 3, 2001
Over the last dozed or so years I have travelled frequently to many parts of the country. During the entire period with no exceptions the highest price I have seen for gasoline on each trip has been in Parkdale followed by Odell and then Hood River. Not even in the remotest places I have been, even where the signs said "no gas for the next 105 miles", has gas cost what it does in the Hood River Valley. As recently as four weeks ago I found gasoline to be 70 cents a gallon cheaper in Virginia than in Hood River and I suspect that in Texas or Oklahoma it would have been an additional dime or two cheaper still.
More like this story
- Into the thick of 'thinning'
- Hood River School Board okays bond request
- What's going on for Valentine's and President's Day?
- Cascade Locks Port will rebuild historic engine building
- Gorge Foundation gains major donation
- Entertainment Update for Feb. 13
- Arts center celebrates 10 years with free Kick-Off Party
- Letters to the Editor for Feb. 13
- Editorial: Pool Queue
- City Council approves ‘symbolic’ step on gun control