Wednesday, October 17, 2001
CAST, Hood River's community theater group, announces auditions for the upcoming play, "Not Waving," by Gen LeRoy. Roles needed are: Gabby, a woman in her 60s, subtle, quiet "mom" type with hints of Edith Bunker; Nicole, Gabby's daughter who is in her 30s, energetic, manic, determined; Helen, in her 30s or 40s and plays multiple roles; and Mark, in his 30s or 40s and also plays multiple roles.
Auditions are Nov. 13 and 14 at 7 p.m. at CAST Performing Arts Center. The play is directed by John Bryan, who can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More like this story
- Pick of the Week: Elks’ Oktoberfest returns Sept. 23
- Roots and Branches: There is no masking care
- YESTERYEARS: Odell Sanitation District opens bids for new plant in 1967
- Wy’east class of ’67 celebrates 50-year reunion
- Foster Parenting: Simple answers to a challenging task
- Success is one caring adult away
- Pet of the Week: Bojangles looking for an active family
- Letters to the Editor for Sept. 20 edition
- ‘Overwhelming enthusiasm’: Community comes together for firefighters
- Parkhurst Place plans ‘thank you’ this week for fire first responders
Governor visits Hood River during fire
Oregon Gov. Kate Brown visited Hood River Hotel Thursday morning, Sept. 14, discussing economic impacts of the Eagle Creek fire with local business leaders. Attendees included Sen. Chuck Thomsen, Mayor Paul Blackburn, and business representatives from Celilo Restaurant, Double Mountain Brewery and Cascade Locks' The Renewal Workshop. For updates on the fire, stay tuned at www.hoodrivernews.com. Enlarge