Wednesday, October 17, 2001
First Class Airman Kerri Williams, a 1999 graduate of HRV has recently been sent to Ramstein, Germany, and is involved with the shipment of the humanitarian packages being sent to Afghanistan.
Eric Dunn, also a 1999 HRVHS graduate, is a dental technician serving aboard the U.S.S. Carl Vinson in the Arabian Sea. He joined the Navy in May 1999. His parents are R. Dean and Linda Dunn of Hood River.
Williams is the daughter of Grant and Ginnie Mooney of Hood River and was home with her parents on leave from S. Korea on Sept. 11 when the World Trade Center was hit.
She immediately left for Germany and spent two weeks following her arrival being briefed on the situation. Kerri's job is classified as Air Traffic Management.
"We received a call from Kerri on Friday saying she is on a one-hour call out to leave for India where she will load the Humvees with tents and gear for the ground troops," said her mom.
"Kerri is optimistic and says the general feeling on base is positive. We are very proud of our little soldier."
Eric Dunn and Kerri Williams are just two examples of men and women of the armed forces who have recently been moved into place in the quickly-changing military campaign in South Asia. Hood River News welcomes word of local people serving overseas.
More like this story
- Union Update
- ‘Superheroes’ come running: CASA holds fourth annual Fun Run Oct. 9
- Roald Dahl Trivia Challenge is Oct. 21
- EnviroGorge Kids announces summer writing winners
- Tribal members protest Nestlé deal in Salem
- Downtown walking tours return Sept. 26
- Fresh Start program holds graduates’ dinner Oct. 19
- ‘Genealogy Jamboree’ at Discovery Center Oct. 8
- Church News: Concert at Tucker Rd. Baptist Sunday
- Odell Creek restoration presentation
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge