Wednesday, October 17, 2001
First Class Airman Kerri Williams, a 1999 graduate of HRV has recently been sent to Ramstein, Germany, and is involved with the shipment of the humanitarian packages being sent to Afghanistan.
Eric Dunn, also a 1999 HRVHS graduate, is a dental technician serving aboard the U.S.S. Carl Vinson in the Arabian Sea. He joined the Navy in May 1999. His parents are R. Dean and Linda Dunn of Hood River.
Williams is the daughter of Grant and Ginnie Mooney of Hood River and was home with her parents on leave from S. Korea on Sept. 11 when the World Trade Center was hit.
She immediately left for Germany and spent two weeks following her arrival being briefed on the situation. Kerri's job is classified as Air Traffic Management.
"We received a call from Kerri on Friday saying she is on a one-hour call out to leave for India where she will load the Humvees with tents and gear for the ground troops," said her mom.
"Kerri is optimistic and says the general feeling on base is positive. We are very proud of our little soldier."
Eric Dunn and Kerri Williams are just two examples of men and women of the armed forces who have recently been moved into place in the quickly-changing military campaign in South Asia. Hood River News welcomes word of local people serving overseas.
More like this story
- Citizen group rises to oppose Westside plan
- Defeat the Heat: Officials urge safe beach use, paddling preparedness
- Culvert repair project at Indian Creek will begin June 26
- Vintage bridal gowns now on display at History Museum
- The Porch for June 24
- Art of Community revised
- Letters to the Editor for June 24
- Hang up and walk: Distracted pedestrians are on the rise
- U.S. Hwy 30 bridge work underway
- Shoreline trail widened under HR Bridge
Hood River Valley High School graduation 2017
Scenes from graduation of the class of 2017 at Hood River Valley High School Enlarge