Wednesday, October 24, 2001
Halloween and other trick-or-treat events are about to get underway in Hood River. Fright Night events planned in and around town for Oct. 31 include:
* The Haunted Swamp, 5-9 p.m. A unique haunted house (or, rather, pool) at the Hood River Aquatics Center. In this fundraiser for the Mt. Hood Towne Hall, participants will be put in a raft and paddled around the pool. Be prepared for a scare or two.
* Safe Halloween at the Hood River Inn, 5:30-7:30 p.m. Trick-or-treating and other activities will take place through the halls of the inn. Many local businesses decorate rooms and hand out treats.
* Halloween Safe Trick-or-Treat Downtown, 5-7 p.m. Trick-or-treating at downtown businesses and a haunted house at Mall 202. Don't forget to check out all the scarecrows displayed for the May Street School scarecrow contest.
* Trick-or-Treat at Down Manor, 5-8 p.m.
Other Halloween events scheduled for this weekend include:
* Mt. Hood Railroad Halloween Spook Train, Saturday and Sunday, departures at 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. each day. Bags of treats are handed out during the 44-mile round-trip ride to Parkdale and back. There will be a costume contest for kids and adults. In Parkdale, passengers will visit a haunted house. Cost is $24.95 for adults; $22.95 for seniors; and $16.95 for children age 2-12. Call 386-3556 for more information.
More like this story
- Two escape from state corrections
- Sports briefs for Aug. 16
- Lost boy found safe near Parkdale
- YESTERYEARS: Hottest August day ever recorded in 1977
- Design for a legacy
- Pick of the Week: Jim Lommasson at CCA
- The mural and Nate Chavez
- Letters to the Editor, Aug. 16 edition
- City of Hood River: Mayor asks Rep. Walden to ‘join our collective call’ on energy
- Power line fire doused Monday
Planet Fly at Pfriem
The band Planet Fly plays at Pfriem in an outdoor concert. Enlarge