Wednesday, October 24, 2001
Halloween and other trick-or-treat events are about to get underway in Hood River. Fright Night events planned in and around town for Oct. 31 include:
* The Haunted Swamp, 5-9 p.m. A unique haunted house (or, rather, pool) at the Hood River Aquatics Center. In this fundraiser for the Mt. Hood Towne Hall, participants will be put in a raft and paddled around the pool. Be prepared for a scare or two.
* Safe Halloween at the Hood River Inn, 5:30-7:30 p.m. Trick-or-treating and other activities will take place through the halls of the inn. Many local businesses decorate rooms and hand out treats.
* Halloween Safe Trick-or-Treat Downtown, 5-7 p.m. Trick-or-treating at downtown businesses and a haunted house at Mall 202. Don't forget to check out all the scarecrows displayed for the May Street School scarecrow contest.
* Trick-or-Treat at Down Manor, 5-8 p.m.
Other Halloween events scheduled for this weekend include:
* Mt. Hood Railroad Halloween Spook Train, Saturday and Sunday, departures at 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. each day. Bags of treats are handed out during the 44-mile round-trip ride to Parkdale and back. There will be a costume contest for kids and adults. In Parkdale, passengers will visit a haunted house. Cost is $24.95 for adults; $22.95 for seniors; and $16.95 for children age 2-12. Call 386-3556 for more information.
More like this story
- Mt. Hood’s Timberline Trail reopens after upgrades
- Unemployment remains low in Hood River, Wasco Counties
- Bluegrass Jamboree celebrates 17 years
- Man drowns in Pine Hollow reservoir
- Discovery Center hosts ‘This Place’ discussion Oct. 8
- High school senior expands book box project
- All About Fall: Your guide to a bountiful, beautiful time in the Gorge
- Young, Wilson married at Griffin House
- Gorge CROP Walk raises $5,000, and counting
- ‘Chaos of the day’ leads to happy end
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge