Wednesday, October 24, 2001
Gladys Stratton, a Cascade Locks, Ore., resident, died Oct. 22, 2001 at her residence. She was 60 years of age.
Visitation will be held on Wednesday, October 24, 2001 from 4 p.m. until 7 p.m. and Thursday, Oct. 25, 2001 from 9 a.m. until noon at Anderson's Tribute Center.
Services will be held on Thursday, Oct. 25, 2001 at 2 p.m. at Anderson's Tribute Center.
Gladys Stratton was born Aug. 4, 1941 in Pyatt, Ark., to Herbert and Eunice Bigby Martin. She was raised and educated in Pyatt, Ark. and Yakima, Wash.
Gladys had resided in Arkansas, Missouri and Washington before coming to Cascade Locks in 1969. Gladys was a member and deaconess at Cascade Locks Community Church and was a member of the VFW Auxiliary. Gladys loved her family, working in her flower garden, and many other children, which is proved by her years as a school cook as well as years of foster-parenting.
She is survived by her husband, Robert Stratton, son Robert Jr. and his wife, Terri; daughters Kathy Woosley and her husband, George, and Kerry Osbourn and her husband, Shown; grandchildren Crystal and Shirelle Woosley; Dewaine, Nathan and Leah Stratton and Nicholas Osbourn and great-grandchild Dawnelle Guyton, all of Cascade Locks.
She is also survived by five brothers: Billy Joe Martin of Wichita, Kan.; Herbert R. Martin of Odell, Ore.; Larry Martin of Cowiche, Wash.; Terry Martin of Adair, Okla. and Rick Martin of Cascade Locks, and her sister, Joyce Osbourn of Odell.
Interment will be at Cascade Locks Cemetery.
Memorial contributions may be made to Cancer Research c/o Anderson's Tribute Center, 1401 Belmont, Hood River, OR 97031
More like this story
- Death notices for Aug. 31: Robert Stratton and Dale Glasgow
- Author signing event at Waucoma Sept. 2
- Public records: Marriage permits, Aug. 1 to 22
- Pet of the Week: Bentley will make you wonder how you lived without him
- Genealogical Society meets Sept. 10
- ‘Our Whole Lives’ sexuality class for middle schoolers starts in fall
- A pastor called to a new house: Anna Carmichael of St. Mark's accepts position in California, passes Warming Shelter baton
- First Windermere golf tournament raises $6,000 for Stevenson Program
- Season Preview: Volleyball
- New teachers and licensed staff join Hood River County Schools
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge