Wednesday, October 24, 2001
Gladys Stratton, a Cascade Locks, Ore., resident, died Oct. 22, 2001 at her residence. She was 60 years of age.
Visitation will be held on Wednesday, October 24, 2001 from 4 p.m. until 7 p.m. and Thursday, Oct. 25, 2001 from 9 a.m. until noon at Anderson's Tribute Center.
Services will be held on Thursday, Oct. 25, 2001 at 2 p.m. at Anderson's Tribute Center.
Gladys Stratton was born Aug. 4, 1941 in Pyatt, Ark., to Herbert and Eunice Bigby Martin. She was raised and educated in Pyatt, Ark. and Yakima, Wash.
Gladys had resided in Arkansas, Missouri and Washington before coming to Cascade Locks in 1969. Gladys was a member and deaconess at Cascade Locks Community Church and was a member of the VFW Auxiliary. Gladys loved her family, working in her flower garden, and many other children, which is proved by her years as a school cook as well as years of foster-parenting.
She is survived by her husband, Robert Stratton, son Robert Jr. and his wife, Terri; daughters Kathy Woosley and her husband, George, and Kerry Osbourn and her husband, Shown; grandchildren Crystal and Shirelle Woosley; Dewaine, Nathan and Leah Stratton and Nicholas Osbourn and great-grandchild Dawnelle Guyton, all of Cascade Locks.
She is also survived by five brothers: Billy Joe Martin of Wichita, Kan.; Herbert R. Martin of Odell, Ore.; Larry Martin of Cowiche, Wash.; Terry Martin of Adair, Okla. and Rick Martin of Cascade Locks, and her sister, Joyce Osbourn of Odell.
Interment will be at Cascade Locks Cemetery.
Memorial contributions may be made to Cancer Research c/o Anderson's Tribute Center, 1401 Belmont, Hood River, OR 97031
More like this story
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 3
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge