Wednesday, October 24, 2001
Rosauers Supermarkets grand reopening of its Hood River store started Oct. 24 with a 9 a.m. ribbon cutting. Cake and coffee will be served throughout at the expanded store, on 12th Street in The Heights
The store has an added 17,500 square feet including an larger deli and produce section, new natural foods center, and dairy and frozen sections that are double what they were before remodeling started in March 2000.
Grand re-opening goes through Nov. 10, with specials, prizes prizes and other attractions planned for the next three weeks, said manager Mike Myhre.
"We're pretty excited about how it turned out. It's a fantastic facility -- everything we'd hope for and more," Myhre said. "We're excited about what it's going to mean for the community.
"We've definitely been cramped for a lot of years, and it will be great to have the space for the things we want to do and to serve our customers." Rosauers has been in Hood River for 23 years.
The store is adorned with a windsurfing theme, and includes Huckleberry's Natural Foods Center with more than 2,500 organic, natural and specialty items -- including bulk, refrigerated, and frozen foods, vitamins and supplements.
Myhre said that in today's ribbon-cutting he would thank his 100 employees and contractor Shea Construction of Spokane for their efforts.
"Most of all we'll thank the customers for putting up with us and hanging in there through the (remodeling) process," said Myhre, manager of the store for the past seven years.
More like this story
- Holiday Happenings, updated for Dec. 16 edition
- Service Announcement for Dec. 16:
- Team Osprey competes in Bend Winter Invitational
- Sports briefs for Dec. 13
- Letters to the Editor for Dec. 13
- Off the Rails: Protest oil train regulation rollback
- Hood River Bridge replacement: Understanding the WHATs
- Sheriff's Log, Nov. 26 to Dec. 10
- Happiness Month profile: Slowing down with ‘The Daily Three’
- Menorah Installed