Wednesday, October 24, 2001
In tomorrow's world, a high school diploma is no longer a guarantee for economic security. The world in which our children will be living and working will not only require education beyond high school, but will require life-long learning. Currently in Hood River our children have limited educational opportunities following high school. On Nov. 6, we, as a community, have a chance to change that.
A yes vote for the Colubia Gorge Community College District Annexation will expand community college offerings in Hood River. This annexation strengthens public education in Hood River for our children and helps prepare them to meet future challenges and opportunities. These expanded offerings also serve a need for continued education throughout a person's life.
This annexation vote is about us as a community coming together to support our common inerest in education. An interest that will strengthen our community and help fulfill an agreement with our children to provide them with the skills and knowledge they need to be successful.
Please join with me in voting yes for the Columbia Gorge Community College District annexation on Nov. 6.
Jerry L. Sessions
Superintendent, Hood River County School District
More like this story
- Death Notices for July 26: Michael de Socarraz, Milton Fridley, Shannon Lindell, Earline Matson, Billy Vann and Otilia Vann
- Service announcements for July 26: Ralene Cooper, Joshua Parke and Robert Gilmore
- Summer fun: a look ahead
- Eagle Creek fire flares up
- The Fair has fun for all
- Church News for July 22
- Letters to the Editor for July 22
- 6 to Watch: Engage the city street safety survey
- Groups host July 26 forum on Westside Plan
- Hood River News earns ONPA awards
Peter Marbach hurries to save his tent from the wind
Peter Marbach comes to the rescue of his wind blown tent. Enlarge