Wednesday, October 24, 2001
In tomorrow's world, a high school diploma is no longer a guarantee for economic security. The world in which our children will be living and working will not only require education beyond high school, but will require life-long learning. Currently in Hood River our children have limited educational opportunities following high school. On Nov. 6, we, as a community, have a chance to change that.
A yes vote for the Colubia Gorge Community College District Annexation will expand community college offerings in Hood River. This annexation strengthens public education in Hood River for our children and helps prepare them to meet future challenges and opportunities. These expanded offerings also serve a need for continued education throughout a person's life.
This annexation vote is about us as a community coming together to support our common inerest in education. An interest that will strengthen our community and help fulfill an agreement with our children to provide them with the skills and knowledge they need to be successful.
Please join with me in voting yes for the Columbia Gorge Community College District annexation on Nov. 6.
Jerry L. Sessions
Superintendent, Hood River County School District
More like this story
- Union Update
- ‘Superheroes’ come running: CASA holds fourth annual Fun Run Oct. 9
- Roald Dahl Trivia Challenge is Oct. 21
- EnviroGorge Kids announces summer writing winners
- Tribal members protest Nestlé deal in Salem
- Downtown walking tours return Sept. 26
- Fresh Start program holds graduates’ dinner Oct. 19
- ‘Genealogy Jamboree’ at Discovery Center Oct. 8
- Church News: Concert at Tucker Rd. Baptist Sunday
- Odell Creek restoration presentation
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge