Wednesday, October 31, 2001
We would like to offer our sincerest thanks to the man who went to Chief of Police Anthony Dirks and asked him to give to us his father's flag, as our family's flag was desecrated. Since you chose to remain anonymous, we hope that you read this letter and know that we will always cherish your generous gift and protect it from harm. You are a truly remarkable human being for reaching out to us so, and your gesture has touched our whole family.
We would also like to thank our neighbors, Mitch and Barb Hosford and Rep. Greg Walden. Mitch and Barb contacted Rep. Walden and informed him of the recent flag thefts in our neighborhood; because of their action and the generosity of Rep. Walden, we now have a wonderful new flag to fly!
One last thank-you goes out to Chief Dirks. Because of your kind words and the actions of the people mentioned above, we have been reminded of what a wonderful town Hood River is, and we feel so fortunate to be surrounded by such a spirit of community!
Robert and Diana Knight
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 22
- Another Voice: Community of caring, and the public issue of homelessness
- ‘Catch Me If You Can’ opens next weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 22
- Bridging Marine Park
- Death café at the library Oct. 26
- Halloween’s a Coming: Your Guide to Fun Oct. 29-31
- What’s the BUZZ on pollinators?
- Q and A: HR City Council candidate question and answer
- Sports Briefs for Oct. 22
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge