Wednesday, October 31, 2001
We would like to offer our sincerest thanks to the man who went to Chief of Police Anthony Dirks and asked him to give to us his father's flag, as our family's flag was desecrated. Since you chose to remain anonymous, we hope that you read this letter and know that we will always cherish your generous gift and protect it from harm. You are a truly remarkable human being for reaching out to us so, and your gesture has touched our whole family.
We would also like to thank our neighbors, Mitch and Barb Hosford and Rep. Greg Walden. Mitch and Barb contacted Rep. Walden and informed him of the recent flag thefts in our neighborhood; because of their action and the generosity of Rep. Walden, we now have a wonderful new flag to fly!
One last thank-you goes out to Chief Dirks. Because of your kind words and the actions of the people mentioned above, we have been reminded of what a wonderful town Hood River is, and we feel so fortunate to be surrounded by such a spirit of community!
Robert and Diana Knight
More like this story
- Union Update
- ‘Superheroes’ come running: CASA holds fourth annual Fun Run Oct. 9
- Roald Dahl Trivia Challenge is Oct. 21
- EnviroGorge Kids announces summer writing winners
- Tribal members protest Nestlé deal in Salem
- Downtown walking tours return Sept. 26
- Fresh Start program holds graduates’ dinner Oct. 19
- ‘Genealogy Jamboree’ at Discovery Center Oct. 8
- Church News: Concert at Tucker Rd. Baptist Sunday
- Odell Creek restoration presentation
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge