Tuesday, September 4, 2001
The harvest season has arrived and Rasmussen Farms is celebrating with its annual Pear Party on Sept. 22-23.
The festivities include music by "Just Fiddlin' Around" both afternoons from 1-3 p.m. In addition the historical photography of Cal Crook will be exhibited and offered for sale by his daughter Jan Crook Pierson. Hood River Vineyards will join the fun and present complimentary tastes of pear wine. Children of all ages are invited to find their way through the Corn Maze that features scenes from "The Tale of Peter Rabbit" and enjoy other farm fun.
Dollie Rasmussen, event organizer, said many delicious varieties of pears will be served at the Pear Party, including some new, rare, and experimental brands. For dessert-lovers the menu offers pear pie and other great pear treats (recipes available). She invites those attending to try free samples and then select the one their family likes best to take home.
"Pears are wonderful when eaten fresh, but they also make terrific products and baked goods," said Dollie.
Rasmussen Farms is located at 3020 Thomsen Road, six miles south of Hood River on Highway 35. It is open from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. seven days a week until mid-November. Bus parking is available. For more information call 386-4622.
More like this story
- History Museum offers chance to ‘step back in time’
- Yesteryears: Hood River County Fair draws record crowds in 1986
- FFA, 4-H livestock auction July 29
- Burn ban? No problem, no smoke, if you have a ‘burn box’
- Friends of Mount Adams guide hikes on Sept. 10
- Gehrig’s Chevron hits 70 year mark
- Sheriff Log, July 17 to 23
- Police Log, June 27 to July 8
- Letters to the Editor for July 27
- Local Impact: United Way helps, 'one person at a time'
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge