Tuesday, September 4, 2001
The harvest season has arrived and Rasmussen Farms is celebrating with its annual Pear Party on Sept. 22-23.
The festivities include music by "Just Fiddlin' Around" both afternoons from 1-3 p.m. In addition the historical photography of Cal Crook will be exhibited and offered for sale by his daughter Jan Crook Pierson. Hood River Vineyards will join the fun and present complimentary tastes of pear wine. Children of all ages are invited to find their way through the Corn Maze that features scenes from "The Tale of Peter Rabbit" and enjoy other farm fun.
Dollie Rasmussen, event organizer, said many delicious varieties of pears will be served at the Pear Party, including some new, rare, and experimental brands. For dessert-lovers the menu offers pear pie and other great pear treats (recipes available). She invites those attending to try free samples and then select the one their family likes best to take home.
"Pears are wonderful when eaten fresh, but they also make terrific products and baked goods," said Dollie.
Rasmussen Farms is located at 3020 Thomsen Road, six miles south of Hood River on Highway 35. It is open from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. seven days a week until mid-November. Bus parking is available. For more information call 386-4622.
More like this story
- Parkdale Pumpkin parade, fun run Oct. 29
- HR artist crafts White Salmon sign
- Three appeals filed on UP’s Mosier track project
- Search suspended for west Gorge hiker
- Yesteryears: Trailer-house colony plan to ease housing shortage abandoned in 1946
- Police Log, Oct. 1 to 8
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 26
- ‘Remember Minoru’: Hood River community honors a civil rights hero
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 26
- The Ale List: pFriem ranks tops in Oregonian brewery list
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge