Thursday, September 6, 2001
Regarding Tom Penchoen's letter (Our Readers Write, Sept. 1) on the Patti Smith personalized birthday card.
I'm pleased if my kids even remember my birthday, but really, an over-sized birthday card with my name in giant type (how did she know I am a senior citizen) from a politician? What a waste of time and our money! And, when you think about it, an abuse of the voter registration rolls. I agree with Tom!
And that jumping bull in The Heights! What were the results of the semen test? This guy could be a new export industry from Hood River to Spain where active bulls are more appreciated than on Tucker Road.
More like this story
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 24
- Music Festival of the Gorge Sept. 17
- Cult-classic ‘Rocky Horror Show’ comes to the Gorge
- Audition for ‘Owen Meany’s Christmas Pageant’ Sept. 8, 10
- Marbach launches ‘Columbia – Source To Sea’ campaign
- As time — and transportation — move on, so does Hood River
- Yesteryears: Lost Lake, found, 56 years ago this summer — in 1936
- ‘Get Outside for Education’ Aug. 27
- Hood Crest goes from whim to solid rock ‘n wood winery
- YoHOHs spread summer cheer
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge