Thursday, September 6, 2001
Regarding Tom Penchoen's letter (Our Readers Write, Sept. 1) on the Patti Smith personalized birthday card.
I'm pleased if my kids even remember my birthday, but really, an over-sized birthday card with my name in giant type (how did she know I am a senior citizen) from a politician? What a waste of time and our money! And, when you think about it, an abuse of the voter registration rolls. I agree with Tom!
And that jumping bull in The Heights! What were the results of the semen test? This guy could be a new export industry from Hood River to Spain where active bulls are more appreciated than on Tucker Road.
More like this story
- Update -- Police seeking man involved in kidnapping between Mosier, Portland
- Back to school for students in Hood River County
- Cascade Observations: Looking back, looking ahead
- HRV Health Center opens
- Wine takes center stage this week, weekend
- Yesteryears: Cornerstone laid at new St. Mark’s in 1925
- Entertainment Update for Sept. 2
- Columbia Gorge Discovery Center dedicates renewable energy exhibit
- Pet of the Week: Angelina loves car rides, long walks
- Public Records — Marriage Permits, July 31 to Aug. 31
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge