Thursday, September 6, 2001
Regarding Tom Penchoen's letter (Our Readers Write, Sept. 1) on the Patti Smith personalized birthday card.
I'm pleased if my kids even remember my birthday, but really, an over-sized birthday card with my name in giant type (how did she know I am a senior citizen) from a politician? What a waste of time and our money! And, when you think about it, an abuse of the voter registration rolls. I agree with Tom!
And that jumping bull in The Heights! What were the results of the semen test? This guy could be a new export industry from Hood River to Spain where active bulls are more appreciated than on Tucker Road.
More like this story
- Pick of the Week: Elks’ Oktoberfest returns Sept. 23
- Roots and Branches: There is no masking care
- YESTERYEARS: Odell Sanitation District opens bids for new plant in 1967
- Wy’east class of ’67 celebrates 50-year reunion
- Foster Parenting: Simple answers to a challenging task
- Success is one caring adult away
- Pet of the Week: Bojangles looking for an active family
- Letters to the Editor for Sept. 20 edition
- ‘Overwhelming enthusiasm’: Community comes together for firefighters
- Parkhurst Place plans ‘thank you’ this week for fire first responders
Governor visits Hood River during fire
Oregon Gov. Kate Brown visited Hood River Hotel Thursday morning, Sept. 14, discussing economic impacts of the Eagle Creek fire with local business leaders. Attendees included Sen. Chuck Thomsen, Mayor Paul Blackburn, and business representatives from Celilo Restaurant, Double Mountain Brewery and Cascade Locks' The Renewal Workshop. For updates on the fire, stay tuned at www.hoodrivernews.com. Enlarge