Thursday, September 6, 2001
Regarding Tom Penchoen's letter (Our Readers Write, Sept. 1) on the Patti Smith personalized birthday card.
I'm pleased if my kids even remember my birthday, but really, an over-sized birthday card with my name in giant type (how did she know I am a senior citizen) from a politician? What a waste of time and our money! And, when you think about it, an abuse of the voter registration rolls. I agree with Tom!
And that jumping bull in The Heights! What were the results of the semen test? This guy could be a new export industry from Hood River to Spain where active bulls are more appreciated than on Tucker Road.
More like this story
- Pick of the Week: Westside forum July 26
- Fair Time: HOOD RIVER COUNTY FAIR — ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW
- YESTERYEARS: ‘Lassie’ films in HR in 1947
- Daily Bread: Blame it on The Moon
- McAlexanders celebrate 50th anniversary
- Hood River Library hosts Death Café
- Police Log, July 17 to 23
- Sheriff Log, July 16 to 22
- Biologists give mixed news for Columbia steelhead
- Pet of the Week: Charlie is happy and playful
Peter Marbach hurries to save his tent from the wind
Peter Marbach comes to the rescue of his wind blown tent. Enlarge