Wednesday, April 3, 2002
Helping Hands, a local non-profit organization dedicated to assisting victims of domestic violence and sexual assault, has teamed with local restaurants to give you a great reason to treat yourself to a meal out -- five days in a row.
Each day, from April 8-12, a highlighted restaurant will donate a percentage of profits to Helping Hands.
"Dine and Donate" participating restaurants include Andrew's Pizza, North Oak Brasserie, 6th Street Bistro, Full Sail Tasting Room and Pub and The Clubhouse Restaurant.
On Monday, eat a pizza lunch or dinner at Andrew's Pizza. Tuesday, enjoy lunch or dinner at North Oak Brasserie. Take the family out on Wednesday to 6th Street Bistro for a great meal. On Thursday, grab a crowd from your office and head to Full Sail for drinks and food. End the week on Friday with a relaxing meal at The Clubhouse Restaurant at the Hood River Country Club. Each day, part of the proceeds from your purchases at the highlighted restaurant will be donated to Helping Hands.
Helping Hands provides 24-hour emergency crisis intervention, transitional housing for women ages 16-24, advocacy and peer counseling, and operates an emergency shelter for victims of domestic violence and sexual assault.
Helping Hands has organized "Dine and Donate" during April, which is Sexual Assault Awareness month.
More like this story
- Pick of the Week: Westside forum July 26
- Fair Time: HOOD RIVER COUNTY FAIR — ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW
- YESTERYEARS: ‘Lassie’ films in HR in 1947
- Daily Bread: Blame it on The Moon
- McAlexanders celebrate 50th anniversary
- Hood River Library hosts Death Café
- Police Log, July 17 to 23
- Sheriff Log, July 16 to 22
- Biologists give mixed news for Columbia steelhead
- Pet of the Week: Charlie is happy and playful
Peter Marbach hurries to save his tent from the wind
Peter Marbach comes to the rescue of his wind blown tent. Enlarge