Wednesday, April 3, 2002
Helping Hands, a local non-profit organization dedicated to assisting victims of domestic violence and sexual assault, has teamed with local restaurants to give you a great reason to treat yourself to a meal out -- five days in a row.
Each day, from April 8-12, a highlighted restaurant will donate a percentage of profits to Helping Hands.
"Dine and Donate" participating restaurants include Andrew's Pizza, North Oak Brasserie, 6th Street Bistro, Full Sail Tasting Room and Pub and The Clubhouse Restaurant.
On Monday, eat a pizza lunch or dinner at Andrew's Pizza. Tuesday, enjoy lunch or dinner at North Oak Brasserie. Take the family out on Wednesday to 6th Street Bistro for a great meal. On Thursday, grab a crowd from your office and head to Full Sail for drinks and food. End the week on Friday with a relaxing meal at The Clubhouse Restaurant at the Hood River Country Club. Each day, part of the proceeds from your purchases at the highlighted restaurant will be donated to Helping Hands.
Helping Hands provides 24-hour emergency crisis intervention, transitional housing for women ages 16-24, advocacy and peer counseling, and operates an emergency shelter for victims of domestic violence and sexual assault.
Helping Hands has organized "Dine and Donate" during April, which is Sexual Assault Awareness month.
More like this story
- Service Announcement for Oct. 26: Vernon Picking
- Death Notices for Oct. 26: Mary Stinson, Wilma Bolton, Kathleen Coffey, Thomas Pierce and Evelyn Helseth
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 22
- Another Voice: Community of caring, and the public issue of homelessness
- ‘Catch Me If You Can’ opens next weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 22
- Bridging Marine Park
- Death café at the library Oct. 26
- Halloween’s a Coming: Your Guide to Fun Oct. 29-31
- What’s the BUZZ on pollinators?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge