Wednesday, April 3, 2002
Helping Hands, a local non-profit organization dedicated to assisting victims of domestic violence and sexual assault, has teamed with local restaurants to give you a great reason to treat yourself to a meal out -- five days in a row.
Each day, from April 8-12, a highlighted restaurant will donate a percentage of profits to Helping Hands.
"Dine and Donate" participating restaurants include Andrew's Pizza, North Oak Brasserie, 6th Street Bistro, Full Sail Tasting Room and Pub and The Clubhouse Restaurant.
On Monday, eat a pizza lunch or dinner at Andrew's Pizza. Tuesday, enjoy lunch or dinner at North Oak Brasserie. Take the family out on Wednesday to 6th Street Bistro for a great meal. On Thursday, grab a crowd from your office and head to Full Sail for drinks and food. End the week on Friday with a relaxing meal at The Clubhouse Restaurant at the Hood River Country Club. Each day, part of the proceeds from your purchases at the highlighted restaurant will be donated to Helping Hands.
Helping Hands provides 24-hour emergency crisis intervention, transitional housing for women ages 16-24, advocacy and peer counseling, and operates an emergency shelter for victims of domestic violence and sexual assault.
Helping Hands has organized "Dine and Donate" during April, which is Sexual Assault Awareness month.
More like this story
- HRVHS Speech and Debate finds tournament success
- Rocket building class Nov. 22
- Business Notes for Nov. 18
- Church News: Interfaith Thanksgiving service Nov. 20 in White Salmon
- Northwest author pens book of hunting stories
- HAHRC BEATS: Preventing type 2 diabetes begins with changes
- US Postal Service debuts Alzheimer’s fundraising stamp
- Oregon State Parks celebrate ‘Green Friday’
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 18
- Kegler's Corner: Randy’s Painting Tops Industrial
Blasting on I84
Blasting on I84 Enlarge