Thursday, April 11, 2002
GRESHAM — Looking like a group with something to prove, the HRV boys tennis team battled Gresham down to the wire Monday. But despite winning three of four singles matches, the Eagles fell 5-3.
Senior Dirk Britton, playing in the No. 2 singles spot, was unstoppable, recording six aces on the way to a 6-1, 6-0 win. No. 3 Alec Asbridge won 6-3, 6-4 and No. 4 Sean Ritter won 6-4, 6-2.
The only singles setback was by freshman No. 1 Brogan Houtz, who played a tough, consistent three-set match, but fell 2-6, 6-4, 0-6.
On the doubles side, the No. 1 team of Aarron Phillips and Joseph Broschart lost a hard-fought 7-6, 1-6, 2-6 match, while the No. 2 team of sophomores Erin Herman and Cam Emmerson, lost 1-6, 2-6. No. 3 doublesteam Bruce Chiang and Joseph Yang lost 2-6, 1-6.
More like this story
- History Museum offers chance to ‘step back in time’
- Yesteryears: Hood River County Fair draws record crowds in 1986
- FFA, 4-H livestock auction July 29
- Burn ban? No problem, no smoke, if you have a ‘burn box’
- Friends of Mount Adams guide hikes on Sept. 10
- Gehrig’s Chevron hits 70 year mark
- Sheriff Log, July 17 to 23
- Police Log, June 27 to July 8
- Letters to the Editor for July 27
- Local Impact: United Way helps, 'one person at a time'
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge