Thursday, April 11, 2002
GRESHAM — Looking like a group with something to prove, the HRV boys tennis team battled Gresham down to the wire Monday. But despite winning three of four singles matches, the Eagles fell 5-3.
Senior Dirk Britton, playing in the No. 2 singles spot, was unstoppable, recording six aces on the way to a 6-1, 6-0 win. No. 3 Alec Asbridge won 6-3, 6-4 and No. 4 Sean Ritter won 6-4, 6-2.
The only singles setback was by freshman No. 1 Brogan Houtz, who played a tough, consistent three-set match, but fell 2-6, 6-4, 0-6.
On the doubles side, the No. 1 team of Aarron Phillips and Joseph Broschart lost a hard-fought 7-6, 1-6, 2-6 match, while the No. 2 team of sophomores Erin Herman and Cam Emmerson, lost 1-6, 2-6. No. 3 doublesteam Bruce Chiang and Joseph Yang lost 2-6, 1-6.
More like this story
- Sports briefs for Aug. 16
- Lost boy found safe near Parkdale
- YESTERYEARS: Hottest August day ever recorded in 1977
- Design for a legacy
- Pick of the Week: Jim Lommasson at CCA
- The mural and Nate Chavez
- Letters to the Editor, Aug. 16 edition
- City of Hood River: Mayor asks Rep. Walden to ‘join our collective call’ on energy
- Power line fire doused Monday
- Sheriff Log, Aug. 6 to 12
Planet Fly at Pfriem
The band Planet Fly plays at Pfriem in an outdoor concert. Enlarge