Wednesday, April 24, 2002
This is in response to Keith Fredrickson's letter of April 20:
Since we asked for the "over 200 comments" as referenced in Alan Bell's press release, the question is why were we given only 124 post cards?
We have done extensive research and have spent a considerable amount of time and money making copies of the printed minutes. Because some things were not clear in the minutes, we began requesting copies of the tapes.
Two of the sets of tapes are missing large portions of the meeting reflected in the printed copies of the minutes. This has nothing to do with the "end of the tape". We urge anyone interested to judge for themselves. Go to the Gorge Commission office and listen to the tapes and compare them to the printed minutes of those same tapes.
Barbara Sexton, Gorge Reality
More like this story
- On Stage for Christmas
- Gorge Kids in Action — filling a wish list for others
- Looking for fun? Try mini-golf this weekend
- Warm gifts: Parkhurst says thank you
- Hospice Youth thanks veterans for their service
- Lions grocery contest winners announced
- Columbia Art Center ‘Nook’ features artist Steve Stegall
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 28
- Minoru Yasui: Governor adds to Hood River native’s Presidential Medal of Freedom honor
- Class of ’66 seeks classmates
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge