Wednesday, April 24, 2002
This is in response to Keith Fredrickson's letter of April 20:
Since we asked for the "over 200 comments" as referenced in Alan Bell's press release, the question is why were we given only 124 post cards?
We have done extensive research and have spent a considerable amount of time and money making copies of the printed minutes. Because some things were not clear in the minutes, we began requesting copies of the tapes.
Two of the sets of tapes are missing large portions of the meeting reflected in the printed copies of the minutes. This has nothing to do with the "end of the tape". We urge anyone interested to judge for themselves. Go to the Gorge Commission office and listen to the tapes and compare them to the printed minutes of those same tapes.
Barbara Sexton, Gorge Reality
More like this story
- Church News: Updated Vacation Bible School list
- Death notices for June 25: Dorothy McPherren and Victoria Long
- Yesteryears: 911 comes to Hood River County in 1986
- Mt. Hood Town Hall Summer BBQ
- Oregon Trail Tea Time
- ‘Art in the Gorge’ show in Hood River July 1-3
- Cascade Observations: Making New Friends, Keeping the Old
- History links Mike’s (30 years) and Tum-A-Lum (110)
- Parkdale mason crafts new ‘masterpiece’ at Cape Horn
- Portland leaders ask governors to ban oil-by-rail
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge