Wednesday, April 24, 2002
Parents of the Class of 2002 are asking for support from the community as they continue to plan for the annual Drug and Alcohol Free Graduation Party to be held immediately after Graduation on June 7.
The organizing committee has recently sent out letters requesting support from local businesses and organizations. Members of the Elks Lodge have again donated the use of their facility for the party. The graduates dance, play games, enter contests and eat from 11 p.m. until dawn.
Though parents of graduates organize the party, businesses and individuals have always supported the event with generous contributions of cash, food, prizes and other in-kind donations. Appropriate recognition of those donating is made in the Hood River News immediately following Graduation. Additionally, each business or individual donating will receive a window poster designating them a "Sponsor of Project Graduation 2002."
Businesses and individuals can support the Class of 2002 Drug and Alcohol Free Graduation Party by sending a check to Project Graduation 2002, P.O. Box 164, Odell OR 97044, or call donation chairs Cherie Flory at 386-3284 or Chris Sherrell at 386-5732.
More like this story
- Pick of the Week: Elks’ Oktoberfest returns Sept. 23
- Roots and Branches: There is no masking care
- YESTERYEARS: Odell Sanitation District opens bids for new plant in 1967
- Wy’east class of ’67 celebrates 50-year reunion
- Foster Parenting: Simple answers to a challenging task
- Success is one caring adult away
- Pet of the Week: Bojangles looking for an active family
- Letters to the Editor for Sept. 20 edition
- ‘Overwhelming enthusiasm’: Community comes together for firefighters
- Parkhurst Place plans ‘thank you’ this week for fire first responders
Governor visits Hood River during fire
Oregon Gov. Kate Brown visited Hood River Hotel Thursday morning, Sept. 14, discussing economic impacts of the Eagle Creek fire with local business leaders. Attendees included Sen. Chuck Thomsen, Mayor Paul Blackburn, and business representatives from Celilo Restaurant, Double Mountain Brewery and Cascade Locks' The Renewal Workshop. For updates on the fire, stay tuned at www.hoodrivernews.com. Enlarge