Wednesday, April 24, 2002
Parents of the Class of 2002 are asking for support from the community as they continue to plan for the annual Drug and Alcohol Free Graduation Party to be held immediately after Graduation on June 7.
The organizing committee has recently sent out letters requesting support from local businesses and organizations. Members of the Elks Lodge have again donated the use of their facility for the party. The graduates dance, play games, enter contests and eat from 11 p.m. until dawn.
Though parents of graduates organize the party, businesses and individuals have always supported the event with generous contributions of cash, food, prizes and other in-kind donations. Appropriate recognition of those donating is made in the Hood River News immediately following Graduation. Additionally, each business or individual donating will receive a window poster designating them a "Sponsor of Project Graduation 2002."
Businesses and individuals can support the Class of 2002 Drug and Alcohol Free Graduation Party by sending a check to Project Graduation 2002, P.O. Box 164, Odell OR 97044, or call donation chairs Cherie Flory at 386-3284 or Chris Sherrell at 386-5732.
More like this story
- Into the thick of 'thinning'
- Hood River School Board okays bond request
- What's going on for Valentine's and President's Day?
- Cascade Locks Port will rebuild historic engine building
- Gorge Foundation gains major donation
- Entertainment Update for Feb. 13
- Arts center celebrates 10 years with free Kick-Off Party
- Letters to the Editor for Feb. 13
- Editorial: Pool Queue
- City Council approves ‘symbolic’ step on gun control