Wednesday, April 24, 2002
Parents of the Class of 2002 are asking for support from the community as they continue to plan for the annual Drug and Alcohol Free Graduation Party to be held immediately after Graduation on June 7.
The organizing committee has recently sent out letters requesting support from local businesses and organizations. Members of the Elks Lodge have again donated the use of their facility for the party. The graduates dance, play games, enter contests and eat from 11 p.m. until dawn.
Though parents of graduates organize the party, businesses and individuals have always supported the event with generous contributions of cash, food, prizes and other in-kind donations. Appropriate recognition of those donating is made in the Hood River News immediately following Graduation. Additionally, each business or individual donating will receive a window poster designating them a "Sponsor of Project Graduation 2002."
Businesses and individuals can support the Class of 2002 Drug and Alcohol Free Graduation Party by sending a check to Project Graduation 2002, P.O. Box 164, Odell OR 97044, or call donation chairs Cherie Flory at 386-3284 or Chris Sherrell at 386-5732.
More like this story
- Pick of the Week: Westside forum July 26
- Fair Time: HOOD RIVER COUNTY FAIR — ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW
- YESTERYEARS: ‘Lassie’ films in HR in 1947
- Daily Bread: Blame it on The Moon
- McAlexanders celebrate 50th anniversary
- Hood River Library hosts Death Café
- Police Log, July 17 to 23
- Sheriff Log, July 16 to 22
- Biologists give mixed news for Columbia steelhead
- Pet of the Week: Charlie is happy and playful
Peter Marbach hurries to save his tent from the wind
Peter Marbach comes to the rescue of his wind blown tent. Enlarge