Wednesday, August 7, 2002
On Saturday from 10-11:30 a.m. the Columbia Art Gallery will sponsor an art project for children at the Saturday Market.
Materials and instruction by Catherine Zangar of the gallery are free.
This activity will take place at the southwest corner of the market. Very young children will benefit from having a parent do the art project with them.
This is the second of three art projects presented by the gallery.
In July the children decorated clay coasters with colored tiles and painted on canvas with acrylic paint.
The projects completed by the children are on display at the Columbia Art Gallery located at 207 2nd St. Hood River and may be picked up by parents and children there.
More like this story
- Fun at the CGWA Beach Bash
- Yesteryears: Summer heatwave hits valley in 1936
- Roots and Branches: Grandkids, softball, memories
- ‘Before I Die’ encourages reflection
- Color Run for Haiti
- How does July 4, 2016, Stack Up?
- Keep fireworks legal, and safe
- Letters to the Editor for June 29
- ‘Weed of the Month for June’ is the invasive Scotch broom
- Pet of the Week: Jack is ‘full of energy and fun’
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge