Wednesday, August 7, 2002
On Saturday from 10-11:30 a.m. the Columbia Art Gallery will sponsor an art project for children at the Saturday Market.
Materials and instruction by Catherine Zangar of the gallery are free.
This activity will take place at the southwest corner of the market. Very young children will benefit from having a parent do the art project with them.
This is the second of three art projects presented by the gallery.
In July the children decorated clay coasters with colored tiles and painted on canvas with acrylic paint.
The projects completed by the children are on display at the Columbia Art Gallery located at 207 2nd St. Hood River and may be picked up by parents and children there.
More like this story
- Yesteryears: Postal Route 6 added to HR Postal Service 1975
- Art Sale and Show at CCA
- Wy’east lists first-quarter honor roll
- How to Help, updated for Nov. 25
- Friends of Mt. Adams host ‘Cougar Creek burn’ forum
- Freeze Frames
- Daily Bread: The parting gift
- Travelogue: Family’s two-year sojourn in Bangkok connects them to the people
- Ornament sale benefits Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Gorge Owned presents ‘Glacier Caves of the Pacific Northwest’
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge