Tuesday, August 13, 2002
Rehearsals for the musical “Les Miserables” begin Monday, Aug. 19, according to director Mark Steighner.
The “daily double” rehearsals are required for all cast members and run through Aug. 23, 9-11:30 a.m. and 1-3 p.m., with a final day on Aug. 26.
Steighner said that a complete schedule for the rehearsals is available on the Web at http://w3.gorge.net/mdstg/LesMiz.htm
The November Hood River Valley High School production of “Les Miserables” will be the first non-professional production of the show in Oregon. A cast of approximately 70 students was selected last spring, though Steighner noted that any students in grade 9-12 are still welcome to join the cast.
Prospective cast members may e-mail Steighner at email@example.com for information, or simply attend the first rehearsal on Aug. 19 at 9 a.m.
More like this story
- Yesteryears: Postal Route 6 added to HR Postal Service 1975
- Art Sale and Show at CCA
- Wy’east lists first-quarter honor roll
- How to Help, updated for Nov. 25
- Friends of Mt. Adams host ‘Cougar Creek burn’ forum
- Freeze Frames
- Daily Bread: The parting gift
- Travelogue: Family’s two-year sojourn in Bangkok connects them to the people
- Ornament sale benefits Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Gorge Owned presents ‘Glacier Caves of the Pacific Northwest’
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge