Tuesday, August 13, 2002
Rehearsals for the musical “Les Miserables” begin Monday, Aug. 19, according to director Mark Steighner.
The “daily double” rehearsals are required for all cast members and run through Aug. 23, 9-11:30 a.m. and 1-3 p.m., with a final day on Aug. 26.
Steighner said that a complete schedule for the rehearsals is available on the Web at http://w3.gorge.net/mdstg/LesMiz.htm
The November Hood River Valley High School production of “Les Miserables” will be the first non-professional production of the show in Oregon. A cast of approximately 70 students was selected last spring, though Steighner noted that any students in grade 9-12 are still welcome to join the cast.
Prospective cast members may e-mail Steighner at email@example.com for information, or simply attend the first rehearsal on Aug. 19 at 9 a.m.
More like this story
- Pick of the Week: Elks’ Oktoberfest returns Sept. 23
- Roots and Branches: There is no masking care
- YESTERYEARS: Odell Sanitation District opens bids for new plant in 1967
- Wy’east class of ’67 celebrates 50-year reunion
- Foster Parenting: Simple answers to a challenging task
- Success is one caring adult away
- Pet of the Week: Bojangles looking for an active family
- Letters to the Editor for Sept. 20 edition
- ‘Overwhelming enthusiasm’: Community comes together for firefighters
- Parkhurst Place plans ‘thank you’ this week for fire first responders
Governor visits Hood River during fire
Oregon Gov. Kate Brown visited Hood River Hotel Thursday morning, Sept. 14, discussing economic impacts of the Eagle Creek fire with local business leaders. Attendees included Sen. Chuck Thomsen, Mayor Paul Blackburn, and business representatives from Celilo Restaurant, Double Mountain Brewery and Cascade Locks' The Renewal Workshop. For updates on the fire, stay tuned at www.hoodrivernews.com. Enlarge