Tuesday, August 13, 2002
Rehearsals for the musical “Les Miserables” begin Monday, Aug. 19, according to director Mark Steighner.
The “daily double” rehearsals are required for all cast members and run through Aug. 23, 9-11:30 a.m. and 1-3 p.m., with a final day on Aug. 26.
Steighner said that a complete schedule for the rehearsals is available on the Web at http://w3.gorge.net/mdstg/LesMiz.htm
The November Hood River Valley High School production of “Les Miserables” will be the first non-professional production of the show in Oregon. A cast of approximately 70 students was selected last spring, though Steighner noted that any students in grade 9-12 are still welcome to join the cast.
Prospective cast members may e-mail Steighner at email@example.com for information, or simply attend the first rehearsal on Aug. 19 at 9 a.m.
More like this story
- Pick of the Week: Turkey Trot happens Thanksgiving morning
- YESTERYEARS: Hood River will soon have its own aviation school in 1927
- Christmas Project: Where and when to sign up, and how to help
- Lisa Muñoz: Talking steps toward broadening community
- Museum’s ‘Latino Experience’ on display through December
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 22
- Another Voice: Grad Student Tax hinders diversity and innovation of higher education
- Remains Wall
- Oregon Parks takes input on adding tribal governments to veterans grant programs
- Sheriff Log, Nov. 5 to 18
Advertisement: The Men of Black Friday
The secret agents of Big Winds may not exactly be Tommy Lee Jones oand Will Smith, but they still discovered there is plenty of strangeness to be found in Hood River...especially once winter sets in. Enlarge