Tuesday, August 27, 2002
Shoppers and vendors from all over the Northwest are headed to Hood River for the popular annual Hood River Flea Market, Saturday through Monday at the Hood River County Fairgrounds from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. each day. Attendees will find a huge selection of goods and plenty of great bargains.
Organizers have invited vendors from throughout the Northwest to take part in the Flea Market to ensure that a wide range of items and products is available to shoppers. Food and espresso will available. There’s even camping on-site.
And this year, car lovers who love to shop will have an added reason to visit the fairgrounds on Sunday. Not only will the Flea Market be going on on the spacious fairgrounds, but a Sports Car Club of America rally will be held there as well.
Many vendors have already signed up to offer their wares at the Flea Market, but the spacious facilities at the Hood River County Fairgrounds offer room for more at this well-attended event.
The Flea Market is a great place to sell surplus home and personal items. A few restrictions as to what can be sold at the market do apply. Cost of $15 per day (or $30 for the entire weekend) for “tailgaters,” to a charge of $50 for the limited number of 10 x 10 foot indoor sales sites.
For information about reserving sales spaces and camping sites for the Hood River Flea Market, call the Hood River County Fairgrounds office at 541-354-2865, or Barbara Issel at 541-354-1342.
More like this story
- Holiday Happenings, updated for Dec. 16 edition
- Service Announcement for Dec. 16:
- Team Osprey competes in Bend Winter Invitational
- Sports briefs for Dec. 13
- Letters to the Editor for Dec. 13
- Off the Rails: Protest oil train regulation rollback
- Hood River Bridge replacement: Understanding the WHATs
- Sheriff's Log, Nov. 26 to Dec. 10
- Happiness Month profile: Slowing down with ‘The Daily Three’
- Menorah Installed