Monday, December 16, 2002
HR Little League meetings planned
The Hood River Little League main board will host its monthly meeting at 6:30 p.m. Monday at Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital. The HR Little League local committee will hold its next meeting on Thursday, Dec. 19 at 7:30 p.m. Call Becky Kopecky at 387-3777 with questions.
Odell little league meeting Wednesday
The Odell Little League chapter will host a meeting on Wednesday at 6 p.m. at Wy’east Laboratories, located in the Weber Business Park in Odell. Agenda will include new uniforms and fundraising. Everyone is welcome. Two board positions still need to be filled. Call Lisa at 386-3514 with questions.
Concert nets $500 for HRV wrestlers
The HRV wrestling program raised over $500 last Thursday when the Trail Band played at Hood River Middle School. Coach Mark Brown thanked the Safeway bakery, the Hood River Coffee Co. and all the devoted parents for making it happen.
** Two Hood River Valley JV wrestlers won their weight classes at the Westview tournament last Saturday in Beaverton. Mike Allen took first place at 152 pounds, and Fernando Ochoa won the 125-pound class. One additional standout was Eric Akin, who finished third at 189 pounds.
- Fun at the CGWA Beach Bash
- Yesteryears: Summer heatwave hits valley in 1936
- Roots and Branches: Grandkids, softball, memories
- ‘Before I Die’ encourages reflection
- Color Run for Haiti
- How does July 4, 2016, Stack Up?
- Keep fireworks legal, and safe
- Letters to the Editor for June 29
- ‘Weed of the Month for June’ is the invasive Scotch broom
- Pet of the Week: Jack is ‘full of energy and fun’
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge