Monday, December 16, 2002
HR Little League meetings planned
The Hood River Little League main board will host its monthly meeting at 6:30 p.m. Monday at Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital. The HR Little League local committee will hold its next meeting on Thursday, Dec. 19 at 7:30 p.m. Call Becky Kopecky at 387-3777 with questions.
Odell little league meeting Wednesday
The Odell Little League chapter will host a meeting on Wednesday at 6 p.m. at Wy’east Laboratories, located in the Weber Business Park in Odell. Agenda will include new uniforms and fundraising. Everyone is welcome. Two board positions still need to be filled. Call Lisa at 386-3514 with questions.
Concert nets $500 for HRV wrestlers
The HRV wrestling program raised over $500 last Thursday when the Trail Band played at Hood River Middle School. Coach Mark Brown thanked the Safeway bakery, the Hood River Coffee Co. and all the devoted parents for making it happen.
** Two Hood River Valley JV wrestlers won their weight classes at the Westview tournament last Saturday in Beaverton. Mike Allen took first place at 152 pounds, and Fernando Ochoa won the 125-pound class. One additional standout was Eric Akin, who finished third at 189 pounds.
- Peace Walk: Take steps for a ‘safe future’ on Wednesday
- ‘We Love You to China and Back’: Community rallies for local family on July 31
- Mosier groundwater contaminated after derailment spill
- Stage set for new waterfront buildings
- Hood River Farmers’ Market offers local produce, more
- July 23 Stoked anniversary bash helps LymeLight
- Paving closes exit 62
- Foster parent recruitment meeting July 25 in TD
- Gaulke Dental joins Hood River Dental
- Rand Road water line
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge