Friday, December 20, 2002
HERMISTON — The HRV wrestling team traveled to Hermison Thursday to test itself against the conference favorite Bulldogs and the Mountain View Cougars in a double dual meet.
But after losing 51-20 to Hermiston (Mountain View results not available at press time), the Eagles know they have some work to do heading into this weekend’s Best in the West tournament in Pasco, Wash.
Only four HRV wrestlers won their matches on Thursday, but of those four, three were in convincing fashion. Senior 119-pounder Josh Van Ek won by Tech Fall, 16-0, over Drew Guthmiller, while junior Nigel Bond (215) and senior Jacobe Krizman (171) won by fall.
Rocky Level’s 12-8 decision in the 140-pound class was the only other HRV win on a night that saw five Eagles lose by fall. HRV also gave up a forfeit at 135 pounds and an injury default at 130 pounds.
Stay tuned for a complete wrap-up of this weekend’s Best in the West tournament.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 22
- Another Voice: Community of caring, and the public issue of homelessness
- ‘Catch Me If You Can’ opens next weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 22
- Bridging Marine Park
- Death café at the library Oct. 26
- Halloween’s a Coming: Your Guide to Fun Oct. 29-31
- What’s the BUZZ on pollinators?
- Q and A: HR City Council candidate question and answer
- Sports Briefs for Oct. 22
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge