Friday, December 20, 2002
HERMISTON — The HRV wrestling team traveled to Hermison Thursday to test itself against the conference favorite Bulldogs and the Mountain View Cougars in a double dual meet.
But after losing 51-20 to Hermiston (Mountain View results not available at press time), the Eagles know they have some work to do heading into this weekend’s Best in the West tournament in Pasco, Wash.
Only four HRV wrestlers won their matches on Thursday, but of those four, three were in convincing fashion. Senior 119-pounder Josh Van Ek won by Tech Fall, 16-0, over Drew Guthmiller, while junior Nigel Bond (215) and senior Jacobe Krizman (171) won by fall.
Rocky Level’s 12-8 decision in the 140-pound class was the only other HRV win on a night that saw five Eagles lose by fall. HRV also gave up a forfeit at 135 pounds and an injury default at 130 pounds.
Stay tuned for a complete wrap-up of this weekend’s Best in the West tournament.
More like this story
- Into the thick of 'thinning'
- Hood River School Board okays bond request
- What's going on for Valentine's and President's Day?
- Cascade Locks Port will rebuild historic engine building
- Gorge Foundation gains major donation
- Entertainment Update for Feb. 13
- Arts center celebrates 10 years with free Kick-Off Party
- Letters to the Editor for Feb. 13
- Editorial: Pool Queue
- City Council approves ‘symbolic’ step on gun control