Friday, December 20, 2002
HERMISTON — The HRV wrestling team traveled to Hermison Thursday to test itself against the conference favorite Bulldogs and the Mountain View Cougars in a double dual meet.
But after losing 51-20 to Hermiston (Mountain View results not available at press time), the Eagles know they have some work to do heading into this weekend’s Best in the West tournament in Pasco, Wash.
Only four HRV wrestlers won their matches on Thursday, but of those four, three were in convincing fashion. Senior 119-pounder Josh Van Ek won by Tech Fall, 16-0, over Drew Guthmiller, while junior Nigel Bond (215) and senior Jacobe Krizman (171) won by fall.
Rocky Level’s 12-8 decision in the 140-pound class was the only other HRV win on a night that saw five Eagles lose by fall. HRV also gave up a forfeit at 135 pounds and an injury default at 130 pounds.
Stay tuned for a complete wrap-up of this weekend’s Best in the West tournament.
More like this story
- Fun at the CGWA Beach Bash
- Yesteryears: Summer heatwave hits valley in 1936
- Roots and Branches: Grandkids, softball, memories
- ‘Before I Die’ encourages reflection
- Color Run for Haiti
- Keep fireworks legal, and safe
- Letters to the Editor for June 29
- ‘Weed of the Month for June’ is the invasive Scotch broom
- Pet of the Week: Jack is ‘full of energy and fun’
- Fire season is here: enjoy yourself, safely and legally
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge