Friday, December 27, 2002
The Hood River Skatepark Committee is ramping up support for its New Year’s Eve fundraiser on Tuesday at the River City Saloon.
Volunteer coordinator Julie Tucker and the committee have a special New Year’s bash planned, and are inviting all interested community members to join in the fun.
For just $50, you will be treated to a decadent five-course Thai meal prepared by the Lampoei family of Mosier, champagne, a movie (“Dog Town”), and musical entertainment headlined by the Tribal Belly Dance Group and world-renowned musical innovators, Gypsy Caravan.
“This is going to be a lot of fun,” Tucker said. “We’re still trying to rally people together, but even if they are unable to attend, we would really appreciate the support.”
Tucker said that the committee had to pay “a considerable fee” to contract Gypsy Caravan, but that the entertainment value would be without equal.
Community members who choose to attend only the music portion will be charged $10 at the door. Tickets for the New Year’s Eve extravaganza are available at the River City, Waucoma Bookstore and Zeman’s Music. For more information, contact Tucker at 386-3928.
More like this story
- HRVHS Speech and Debate finds tournament success
- Rocket building class Nov. 22
- Business Notes for Nov. 18
- Church News: Interfaith Thanksgiving service Nov. 20 in White Salmon
- Northwest author pens book of hunting stories
- HAHRC BEATS: Preventing type 2 diabetes begins with changes
- US Postal Service debuts Alzheimer’s fundraising stamp
- Oregon State Parks celebrate ‘Green Friday’
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 18
- Kegler's Corner: Randy’s Painting Tops Industrial
Blasting on I84
Blasting on I84 Enlarge