Wednesday, February 13, 2002
Mildred Botilda (Tykeson) Bendtsen died Feb. 3, 2002, in Sheridan, Ore. She was 94.
Mildred was born July 26, 1907, in Amarillo, Texas. She married Laurits Bendtsen on March 25, 1933. He died March 21, 1964. She lived in the Hood River Valley from 1933 until 1964 when she moved to Newberg. In 1985 she moved to Portland where she resided at Terwilliger Plaza and took classes at Portland Community College.
Mildred is survived by a son David Bendtsen of Amity, Ore.; a daughter Christina Brown of Amity, Ore.; grandchildren Louie Nance of Pendleton, Ore., Mona Guedon of Lafayette, Ore., and Tania Fredman of Portland; and seven great-grandchildren.
An open house was held Feb. 7 at the home of Christina Brown in Amity. Private burial service was at Newberg Friends Cemetery. Corinthian Funeral Services was in charge of arrangements.
IRENE B. GODFREY
Irene Belle Godfrey, a Parkdale, Ore., resident died Feb. 12, 2002 at Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital. She was 96 years of age.
Arrangements are pending at Anderson's Tribute Center. A full obituary will appear in the next edition of the Hood River News.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Sept. 30
- Vital Content: The Web would be sparse landscape without newspapers
- Love Your Columbia In CL, tribal leaders lead salmon viewing Oct. 8
- Warm Springs tribe member describes Dakota pipeline experiences Oct. 4 at RCC
- Church Notes: ‘Die Wise’ book program starts Sunday at Riverside
- Ribbon cutting at Museum
- Mediation training at Six Rivers starts Oct. 6
- May Street celebrates Walk/Bike to School Day
- Food insecurity: 'Harvesting’ art exhibit, meal and public conversation in downtown HR Oct. 7
- 12th Street opens
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge