Wednesday, February 13, 2002
Mildred Botilda (Tykeson) Bendtsen died Feb. 3, 2002, in Sheridan, Ore. She was 94.
Mildred was born July 26, 1907, in Amarillo, Texas. She married Laurits Bendtsen on March 25, 1933. He died March 21, 1964. She lived in the Hood River Valley from 1933 until 1964 when she moved to Newberg. In 1985 she moved to Portland where she resided at Terwilliger Plaza and took classes at Portland Community College.
Mildred is survived by a son David Bendtsen of Amity, Ore.; a daughter Christina Brown of Amity, Ore.; grandchildren Louie Nance of Pendleton, Ore., Mona Guedon of Lafayette, Ore., and Tania Fredman of Portland; and seven great-grandchildren.
An open house was held Feb. 7 at the home of Christina Brown in Amity. Private burial service was at Newberg Friends Cemetery. Corinthian Funeral Services was in charge of arrangements.
IRENE B. GODFREY
Irene Belle Godfrey, a Parkdale, Ore., resident died Feb. 12, 2002 at Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital. She was 96 years of age.
Arrangements are pending at Anderson's Tribute Center. A full obituary will appear in the next edition of the Hood River News.
More like this story
- Hawk Migration Festival Sept. 23
- Rain eases Eagle Creek Fire, evacuations lifted
- Death Notices for Sept. 19 edition: John Wishart, Linda Fowler, William Weis, James Clifton and Crisoforo Galvan-Herrera
- Service Announcement for Sept. 20 edition: Charles Hiatt
- Evacuations lifted for all Hood River Valley
- ‘Boot Scootin’ Boogie Ball’ Oct. 7
- Weed of the month: English ivy
- Introduction to geocaching meeting Sept. 30 in Parkdale
- Smithsonian’s ‘Museum Day Live!’ celebrated at local museums
- Remembrance ceremony Oct. 15
Governor visits Hood River during fire
Oregon Gov. Kate Brown visited Hood River Hotel Thursday morning, Sept. 14, discussing economic impacts of the Eagle Creek fire with local business leaders. Attendees included Sen. Chuck Thomsen, Mayor Paul Blackburn, and business representatives from Celilo Restaurant, Double Mountain Brewery and Cascade Locks' The Renewal Workshop. For updates on the fire, stay tuned at www.hoodrivernews.com. Enlarge