Wednesday, February 13, 2002
Mildred Botilda (Tykeson) Bendtsen died Feb. 3, 2002, in Sheridan, Ore. She was 94.
Mildred was born July 26, 1907, in Amarillo, Texas. She married Laurits Bendtsen on March 25, 1933. He died March 21, 1964. She lived in the Hood River Valley from 1933 until 1964 when she moved to Newberg. In 1985 she moved to Portland where she resided at Terwilliger Plaza and took classes at Portland Community College.
Mildred is survived by a son David Bendtsen of Amity, Ore.; a daughter Christina Brown of Amity, Ore.; grandchildren Louie Nance of Pendleton, Ore., Mona Guedon of Lafayette, Ore., and Tania Fredman of Portland; and seven great-grandchildren.
An open house was held Feb. 7 at the home of Christina Brown in Amity. Private burial service was at Newberg Friends Cemetery. Corinthian Funeral Services was in charge of arrangements.
IRENE B. GODFREY
Irene Belle Godfrey, a Parkdale, Ore., resident died Feb. 12, 2002 at Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital. She was 96 years of age.
Arrangements are pending at Anderson's Tribute Center. A full obituary will appear in the next edition of the Hood River News.
More like this story
- HRV grad and track athlete Parker Kennedy recovering from freak javelin accident at USATF meet in Beaverton
- Bridge of the Gods local sticker effective Friday
- Police report burglaries
- Hood River Death Café meets July 9
- Windermere holds annual food drive
- Fresh Start begins class series for home cooks
- Beauchamps celebrate 58th anniversary
- ‘Operation Dry Water’ this weekend
- The Next Door marks 45 years
- Letter to the Editor for June 25
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge