Wednesday, February 20, 2002
Full Sail Brewing Company announced last week that it has launched a new craft beer, Whitecap Ale. Whitecap will be featured as the spring beer in Full Sail's seasonal line-up. The new package is white with blue accents and maintains the distinguishable Full Sail family look. It prominently features the "Full Sail" logo with a background illustration of Oregon's "white-capped" Mt. Hood. Whitecap will be available February to May on draught and in bottles.
"We are extremely excited about the release of Whitecap, it's an easy drinking beer with all the flavor beer aficionados expect from Full Sail," said Irene Firmat, Full Sail founder and CEO.
"This is Full Sail's 15th year brewing quality beers. We decided the best way to celebrate was with a new beer," Firmat said. "Whitecap was the locals' name for our Pub back when we started brewing in the '80s. It is also a tribute to the white-capped waves on the Columbia River and the white-capped peak on Mt. Hood, two natural treasures that lure extreme sport enthusiasts to Hood River, year after year."
Whitecap Ale is a copper colored English Pale Ale that has a malty mild sweet flavor, a medium body, and a smooth pleasant finish (4% ABW ABV 5% IBU 28 O.G. 1.048.)
Full Sail was founded in 1987, and has since grown to be one of the top craft breweries in the Northwest. In 1999 Full Sail became employee-owned, strengthening their commitment to their crew and to the quality of their products.
Full Sail brews a line of handcrafted ales and lagers including the award-winning Full Sail Amber, Pale, and India Pale Ales as well four seasonal brews.
More like this story
- Full Sail presents packages featuring local artwork
- Full Sail uncaps new ‘Pub Series’
- Business notes: Cottage Antiques opens in CL, Gorge White house opens April 1, Full Sail adds LTD 05 Amber Lager
- THE ALE LIST: Zwicklemania Brewery Open House returns Feb. 15
- Hop union: Full Sail joins ‘Ales for ALS’ campaign
- Gratitude goes out for acts of help and hospitality
- Hood River Elks Lodge makes donation to Meals on Wheels
- Police Log, Sept. 28 to Oct. 4
- Public Records, Building Permits, County, September 2015
- Upset! HRV takes down The Dalles, clinches first play-in spot since 2012
- Sports Briefs for Oct. 10
- Quick start propels HRV girls soccer to victory over Hermiston
- Water polo teams poised to make runs at the state title
- Port begins lower Hanel mill ground work
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 10
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge