Wednesday, February 27, 2002
I would like to know where Adolphus Parker (Feb. 20) is getting his information. In what way has the Tamiyasu murder investigation been "badly bungled"? I'm not sure that anyone understands the procedures of a murder investigation.
As for the murder being treated as a "non-event" -- I agree that the citizens of Hood River county have their priorities a little backwards when it comes to being passionate about an issue. They choose zoning and development over public safety. There is a murderer among us. But is every bit of information about the murder or the investigation supposed to be leaked to the general public? First of all, it would make the investigation even tougher and second I don't think that it is hardly appropriate. Some things need to be kept quiet.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 22
- Another Voice: Community of caring, and the public issue of homelessness
- ‘Catch Me If You Can’ opens next weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 22
- Bridging Marine Park
- Death café at the library Oct. 26
- Halloween’s a Coming: Your Guide to Fun Oct. 29-31
- What’s the BUZZ on pollinators?
- Q and A: HR City Council candidate question and answer
- Sports Briefs for Oct. 22
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge