Wednesday, February 27, 2002
I would like to know where Adolphus Parker (Feb. 20) is getting his information. In what way has the Tamiyasu murder investigation been "badly bungled"? I'm not sure that anyone understands the procedures of a murder investigation.
As for the murder being treated as a "non-event" -- I agree that the citizens of Hood River county have their priorities a little backwards when it comes to being passionate about an issue. They choose zoning and development over public safety. There is a murderer among us. But is every bit of information about the murder or the investigation supposed to be leaked to the general public? First of all, it would make the investigation even tougher and second I don't think that it is hardly appropriate. Some things need to be kept quiet.
More like this story
- Death notices for Aug. 31: Robert Stratton and Dale Glasgow
- Author signing event at Waucoma Sept. 2
- Public records: Marriage permits, Aug. 1 to 22
- Pet of the Week: Bentley will make you wonder how you lived without him
- Genealogical Society meets Sept. 10
- ‘Our Whole Lives’ sexuality class for middle schoolers starts in fall
- A pastor called to a new house: Anna Carmichael of St. Mark's accepts position in California, passes Warming Shelter baton
- First Windermere golf tournament raises $6,000 for Stevenson Program
- Season Preview: Volleyball
- New teachers and licensed staff join Hood River County Schools
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge