Wednesday, February 27, 2002
I would like to know where Adolphus Parker (Feb. 20) is getting his information. In what way has the Tamiyasu murder investigation been "badly bungled"? I'm not sure that anyone understands the procedures of a murder investigation.
As for the murder being treated as a "non-event" -- I agree that the citizens of Hood River county have their priorities a little backwards when it comes to being passionate about an issue. They choose zoning and development over public safety. There is a murderer among us. But is every bit of information about the murder or the investigation supposed to be leaked to the general public? First of all, it would make the investigation even tougher and second I don't think that it is hardly appropriate. Some things need to be kept quiet.
More like this story
- Aporkalypse: Bacon contest fattens coffers at Helping Hands
- The Ale List: ‘Zwickelmania’ returns, Full Sail taps Wheatwine
- YESTERYEARS: DaKine, Pro Motion relocating to Hood River in 1986
- Cascade Observations: Sweetness of Winter
- Parenting program starts in Cascade Locks
- Second Saturday will be all about pilots
- Five Gorge wines earn medals
- Revenue steps up fraud, identity theft prevention
- Father of the Bride
- City, county support affordable housing bill