Wednesday, February 27, 2002
I would like to know where Adolphus Parker (Feb. 20) is getting his information. In what way has the Tamiyasu murder investigation been "badly bungled"? I'm not sure that anyone understands the procedures of a murder investigation.
As for the murder being treated as a "non-event" -- I agree that the citizens of Hood River county have their priorities a little backwards when it comes to being passionate about an issue. They choose zoning and development over public safety. There is a murderer among us. But is every bit of information about the murder or the investigation supposed to be leaked to the general public? First of all, it would make the investigation even tougher and second I don't think that it is hardly appropriate. Some things need to be kept quiet.
More like this story
- Fun at the CGWA Beach Bash
- Yesteryears: Summer heatwave hits valley in 1936
- Roots and Branches: Grandkids, softball, memories
- ‘Before I Die’ encourages reflection
- Color Run for Haiti
- How does July 4, 2016, Stack Up?
- Keep fireworks legal, and safe
- Letters to the Editor for June 29
- ‘Weed of the Month for June’ is the invasive Scotch broom
- Pet of the Week: Jack is ‘full of energy and fun’
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge