Wednesday, February 27, 2002
I would like to know where Adolphus Parker (Feb. 20) is getting his information. In what way has the Tamiyasu murder investigation been "badly bungled"? I'm not sure that anyone understands the procedures of a murder investigation.
As for the murder being treated as a "non-event" -- I agree that the citizens of Hood River county have their priorities a little backwards when it comes to being passionate about an issue. They choose zoning and development over public safety. There is a murderer among us. But is every bit of information about the murder or the investigation supposed to be leaked to the general public? First of all, it would make the investigation even tougher and second I don't think that it is hardly appropriate. Some things need to be kept quiet.
More like this story
- Cascade Locks brush fire contained
- Lorang Fine Art open house will be Oct. 4
- Body of missing paddle boarder found in Columbia River
- Lummi Totem visits Hood River
- Living with Smoke
- Toward a healthier HRV: Health Center serves students this fall
- CL Port hosts Aug. 29 Bridge of the Gods walk
- Lost hiker, 75, found safe at Laurance Lake
- Brian Stenberg returns to his roots as Horizon’s new A.D.
- In its fifth running, Paddle Challenge is bigger than ever
Helicopter searches for hiker
BLACKHAWK helicopter flies over Mt. Hood National Forest near Laurance Lake on Friday, Aug. 21. The military aircraft was called in to help police seek a missing hiker from The Dalles. Enlarge