Wednesday, February 27, 2002
Huseby wins WAC Athlete of Week
Hood River Valley High School graduate Dana Huseby was named the Western Athletic Conference Indoor Track and Field Athlete of the Week for her performance in the pole vault at last week’s Holiday Inn Classic. Huseby, a sophomore at the University of Nevada, finished second in the pole vault by clearing the provisional qualifying height of 12 feet, five-and-a-half inches, en route to helping the Wolfpack to their third straight conference win. Huseby will look to top that mark at the WAC Championships, going on through today in Reno, Nev.
More like this story
- ‘Operation Dry Water’ this weekend
- The Next Door marks 45 years
- Letter to the Editor for June 25
- No to oil trains
- Another Voice: Trains in the Columbia Gorge are going in the wrong direction
- Another Voice: Parks District should focus efforts on a west side site, not Barrett property
- HRV students earn Ford Foundation scholarships
- This summer, 'Have a Free Book'
- New varsity basketball coaches Christopher Dirks and Donnie Herneisen look to reinvigorate HRV program
- Sports Briefs for June 25
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge