Wednesday, February 27, 2002
PINE GROVE -- The early March tradition returns to the Pine Grove Fire Hall March 2 with the annual fire department auction.
The 37th annual auction begins, inside and outside the fire hall, at 9 a.m., with a third auction to start later in the morning, organizers said. The auctions continue until everything is sold.
Several hundred items will be on sale includinig antiques, furniture, electronics, household goods, toys, bikes, skis and other sporting goods, hardware, power tools, farm equipment, a boat, and cars.
All proceeds benefit the 30-volunteer department's Emergency Services equipment needs and training.
The auction will be conducted by firefighters with auction training, with help from the Greg Murray family of Odell.
Also on sale are dime coffee, 25-cent popcorn, homemade pies all day, and breakfast foods in the morning and sandwiches and hotdogs later on.
"People can come out, and they don't have to leave to go and eat," said firefighter Ron Guth. "It's a real tradition. The first Saturday in March everyone comes out, says `hi' and hangs out."
More like this story
- Parkdale Pumpkin parade, fun run Oct. 29
- HR artist crafts White Salmon sign
- Three appeals filed on UP’s Mosier track project
- Search suspended for west Gorge hiker
- Yesteryears: Trailer-house colony plan to ease housing shortage abandoned in 1946
- Police Log, Oct. 1 to 8
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 26
- ‘Remember Minoru’: Hood River community honors a civil rights hero
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 26
- The Ale List: pFriem ranks tops in Oregonian brewery list
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge