Wednesday, February 27, 2002
PINE GROVE -- The early March tradition returns to the Pine Grove Fire Hall March 2 with the annual fire department auction.
The 37th annual auction begins, inside and outside the fire hall, at 9 a.m., with a third auction to start later in the morning, organizers said. The auctions continue until everything is sold.
Several hundred items will be on sale includinig antiques, furniture, electronics, household goods, toys, bikes, skis and other sporting goods, hardware, power tools, farm equipment, a boat, and cars.
All proceeds benefit the 30-volunteer department's Emergency Services equipment needs and training.
The auction will be conducted by firefighters with auction training, with help from the Greg Murray family of Odell.
Also on sale are dime coffee, 25-cent popcorn, homemade pies all day, and breakfast foods in the morning and sandwiches and hotdogs later on.
"People can come out, and they don't have to leave to go and eat," said firefighter Ron Guth. "It's a real tradition. The first Saturday in March everyone comes out, says `hi' and hangs out."
More like this story
- Union Update
- ‘Superheroes’ come running: CASA holds fourth annual Fun Run Oct. 9
- Roald Dahl Trivia Challenge is Oct. 21
- EnviroGorge Kids announces summer writing winners
- Tribal members protest Nestlé deal in Salem
- Downtown walking tours return Sept. 26
- Fresh Start program holds graduates’ dinner Oct. 19
- ‘Genealogy Jamboree’ at Discovery Center Oct. 8
- Church News: Concert at Tucker Rd. Baptist Sunday
- Odell Creek restoration presentation
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge