Wednesday, February 27, 2002
Earls, Byrne advance to state shoot
Sharp-shooters Kyle Earls and Matt Byrne earned a spot in the state free-throw shooting finals Sunday by winning their respective age groups at the Knights of Columbus district-level contest in Gresham. Other Mid Columbia shooters participating Sunday were Tyler Freas, Jordan Peldyak and Justina McCrea. Earls, 11, and Byrne, 13, will compete in the state finals March 16 at La Salle High School in Portland.
Soapbox racecar clinic Saturday
Hood River Community Education will sponsor an all-day soapbox racing clinic Saturday, March 2 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the Westside Elementary School cafeteria. Approximately 20 cars will be assembled — including 10 “rental cars” donated by the Hood River Lions Club — for the annual derby, which will be held in April. To register, call 386-2055 right away.
HRGWA season to begin March 5
The Hood River Women’s Golf Association will kick off the 2002 season March 5 at HRGCC with a monthly business meeting at 9 a.m., followed by nine holes (weather permitting). All women who want to participate should arrive by 8:45 a.m. Any lady golfers who are interested in golfing 18 holes on Tuesdays are invited to attend. Dues for the year are $30 and include membership in the OGA.
HRV lacrosse in search of JV coach
The Hood River Valley lacrosse team is looking for a volunteer JV coach for the upcoming season, scheduled to begin in early March. Part-time or full-time help would be appreciated. Call Chris Kelly at 386-8755 with questions.
- Service announcements for Oct. 3
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge