Wednesday, January 2, 2002
CASCADE LOCKS -- The Hood River County Sheriff's Department is investigating the theft of $4,000 from an ATM machine in the lobby of a Cascade Locks restaurant.
Detective Gerry Tiffany said between the evening hours of Dec. 17 and morning of Dec. 18 an unknown suspect pried open the east door at The Charburger and disabled two surveillance cameras on the premises.
After accomplishing those tasks, Tiffany said the suspect then used tools to open the front of the freestanding ATM machine near the business' front door and removed the cash stored inside.
"This crime appears to have been committed by a person or persons familiar with the building," said Tiffany.
An investigation is underway and anyone with information about the crime is asked to call Tiffany or Detective Bob Davidson at 386-2098.
More like this story
- Citizen group rises to oppose Westside plan
- Defeat the Heat: Officials urge safe beach use, paddling preparedness
- Culvert repair project at Indian Creek will begin June 26
- Vintage bridal gowns now on display at History Museum
- The Porch for June 24
- Art of Community revised
- Letters to the Editor for June 24
- Hang up and walk: Distracted pedestrians are on the rise
- U.S. Hwy 30 bridge work underway
- Shoreline trail widened under HR Bridge
Hood River Valley High School graduation 2017
Scenes from graduation of the class of 2017 at Hood River Valley High School Enlarge