Wednesday, January 2, 2002
CASCADE LOCKS -- The Hood River County Sheriff's Department is investigating the theft of $4,000 from an ATM machine in the lobby of a Cascade Locks restaurant.
Detective Gerry Tiffany said between the evening hours of Dec. 17 and morning of Dec. 18 an unknown suspect pried open the east door at The Charburger and disabled two surveillance cameras on the premises.
After accomplishing those tasks, Tiffany said the suspect then used tools to open the front of the freestanding ATM machine near the business' front door and removed the cash stored inside.
"This crime appears to have been committed by a person or persons familiar with the building," said Tiffany.
An investigation is underway and anyone with information about the crime is asked to call Tiffany or Detective Bob Davidson at 386-2098.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 22
- Another Voice: Community of caring, and the public issue of homelessness
- ‘Catch Me If You Can’ opens next weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 22
- Bridging Marine Park
- Death café at the library Oct. 26
- Halloween’s a Coming: Your Guide to Fun Oct. 29-31
- What’s the BUZZ on pollinators?
- Q and A: HR City Council candidate question and answer
- Sports Briefs for Oct. 22
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge