Wednesday, January 2, 2002
CASCADE LOCKS -- The Hood River County Sheriff's Department is investigating the theft of $4,000 from an ATM machine in the lobby of a Cascade Locks restaurant.
Detective Gerry Tiffany said between the evening hours of Dec. 17 and morning of Dec. 18 an unknown suspect pried open the east door at The Charburger and disabled two surveillance cameras on the premises.
After accomplishing those tasks, Tiffany said the suspect then used tools to open the front of the freestanding ATM machine near the business' front door and removed the cash stored inside.
"This crime appears to have been committed by a person or persons familiar with the building," said Tiffany.
An investigation is underway and anyone with information about the crime is asked to call Tiffany or Detective Bob Davidson at 386-2098.
More like this story
- ‘Operation Dry Water’ this weekend
- The Next Door marks 45 years
- Letter to the Editor for June 25
- No to oil trains
- Another Voice: Trains in the Columbia Gorge are going in the wrong direction
- Another Voice: Parks District should focus efforts on a west side site, not Barrett property
- HRV students earn Ford Foundation scholarships
- This summer, 'Have a Free Book'
- New varsity basketball coaches Christopher Dirks and Donnie Herneisen look to reinvigorate HRV program
- Sports Briefs for June 25
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge