Wednesday, January 2, 2002
CASCADE LOCKS -- The Hood River County Sheriff's Department is investigating the theft of $4,000 from an ATM machine in the lobby of a Cascade Locks restaurant.
Detective Gerry Tiffany said between the evening hours of Dec. 17 and morning of Dec. 18 an unknown suspect pried open the east door at The Charburger and disabled two surveillance cameras on the premises.
After accomplishing those tasks, Tiffany said the suspect then used tools to open the front of the freestanding ATM machine near the business' front door and removed the cash stored inside.
"This crime appears to have been committed by a person or persons familiar with the building," said Tiffany.
An investigation is underway and anyone with information about the crime is asked to call Tiffany or Detective Bob Davidson at 386-2098.
More like this story
- Service Announcements for Aug. 19 edition: Gary Thelen and David DeGroot
- Death Notices for Aug. 19 edition: Judith Harmon, Everett Marvel, Edward Leiblein, Joseph Aragon, Rodney VanRiper, Mary Fields, Luis Rodriguez Ayala and Maurine Wattles
- Two escape from state corrections
- Sports briefs for Aug. 16
- Lost boy found safe near Parkdale
- YESTERYEARS: Hottest August day ever recorded in 1977
- Design for a legacy
- Pick of the Week: Jim Lommasson at CCA
- The mural and Nate Chavez
- Letters to the Editor, Aug. 16 edition
Planet Fly at Pfriem
The band Planet Fly plays at Pfriem in an outdoor concert. Enlarge