Wednesday, January 2, 2002
CASCADE LOCKS -- The Hood River County Sheriff's Department is investigating the theft of $4,000 from an ATM machine in the lobby of a Cascade Locks restaurant.
Detective Gerry Tiffany said between the evening hours of Dec. 17 and morning of Dec. 18 an unknown suspect pried open the east door at The Charburger and disabled two surveillance cameras on the premises.
After accomplishing those tasks, Tiffany said the suspect then used tools to open the front of the freestanding ATM machine near the business' front door and removed the cash stored inside.
"This crime appears to have been committed by a person or persons familiar with the building," said Tiffany.
An investigation is underway and anyone with information about the crime is asked to call Tiffany or Detective Bob Davidson at 386-2098.
More like this story
- Gratitude goes out for acts of help and hospitality
- Hood River Elks Lodge makes donation to Meals on Wheels
- Police Log, Sept. 28 to Oct. 4
- Public Records, Building Permits, County, September 2015
- Upset! HRV takes down The Dalles, clinches first play-in spot since 2012
- Sports Briefs for Oct. 10
- Quick start propels HRV girls soccer to victory over Hermiston
- Water polo teams poised to make runs at the state title
- Port begins lower Hanel mill ground work
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 10
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge