Wednesday, January 2, 2002
Thank you, Keith Liggett, for a great article about the joys of skiing/boarding and sports in general (Dec. 22). It made me think about the fact that my parents taught me to ski at the tender age of two and a bit (no sane ski teacher would have taken me in to their class at that age). I still ski with my father now, many years later. He is in his 7th decade of life still has the light of joy in his eyes . . . These are the things that bind families together and make the years melt away.
My husband and I snowboard and ski with our two children and have since they were just about the same age I was when I started . . . The joy that we all experience on the mountain every time is second to none. When the kids were little, it was a hassle to get them packed and going, but not anymore! These special gifts of sports and love of the outdoors will last a lifetime.
Keep up the good work, we look forward to your articles.
More like this story
- Peace Walk: Take steps for a ‘safe future’ on Wednesday
- ‘We Love You to China and Back’: Community rallies for local family on July 31
- Mosier groundwater contaminated after derailment spill
- Stage set for new waterfront buildings
- Hood River Farmers’ Market offers local produce, more
- July 23 Stoked anniversary bash helps LymeLight
- Paving closes exit 62
- Foster parent recruitment meeting July 25 in TD
- Gaulke Dental joins Hood River Dental
- Rand Road water line
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge