Wednesday, January 2, 2002
Thank you, Keith Liggett, for a great article about the joys of skiing/boarding and sports in general (Dec. 22). It made me think about the fact that my parents taught me to ski at the tender age of two and a bit (no sane ski teacher would have taken me in to their class at that age). I still ski with my father now, many years later. He is in his 7th decade of life still has the light of joy in his eyes . . . These are the things that bind families together and make the years melt away.
My husband and I snowboard and ski with our two children and have since they were just about the same age I was when I started . . . The joy that we all experience on the mountain every time is second to none. When the kids were little, it was a hassle to get them packed and going, but not anymore! These special gifts of sports and love of the outdoors will last a lifetime.
Keep up the good work, we look forward to your articles.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 22
- Another Voice: Community of caring, and the public issue of homelessness
- ‘Catch Me If You Can’ opens next weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 22
- Bridging Marine Park
- Death café at the library Oct. 26
- Halloween’s a Coming: Your Guide to Fun Oct. 29-31
- What’s the BUZZ on pollinators?
- Q and A: HR City Council candidate question and answer
- Sports Briefs for Oct. 22
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge