Wednesday, January 2, 2002
Thank you, Keith Liggett, for a great article about the joys of skiing/boarding and sports in general (Dec. 22). It made me think about the fact that my parents taught me to ski at the tender age of two and a bit (no sane ski teacher would have taken me in to their class at that age). I still ski with my father now, many years later. He is in his 7th decade of life still has the light of joy in his eyes . . . These are the things that bind families together and make the years melt away.
My husband and I snowboard and ski with our two children and have since they were just about the same age I was when I started . . . The joy that we all experience on the mountain every time is second to none. When the kids were little, it was a hassle to get them packed and going, but not anymore! These special gifts of sports and love of the outdoors will last a lifetime.
Keep up the good work, we look forward to your articles.
More like this story
- Citizen group rises to oppose Westside plan
- Defeat the Heat: Officials urge safe beach use, paddling preparedness
- Culvert repair project at Indian Creek will begin June 26
- Vintage bridal gowns now on display at History Museum
- The Porch for June 24
- Art of Community revised
- Letters to the Editor for June 24
- Hang up and walk: Distracted pedestrians are on the rise
- U.S. Hwy 30 bridge work underway
- Shoreline trail widened under HR Bridge
Hood River Valley High School graduation 2017
Scenes from graduation of the class of 2017 at Hood River Valley High School Enlarge