Wednesday, January 2, 2002
I would like to respond to Joy H. von Buschow and her letter entitled "Big Enough" (Dec. 19). She made the following statement: "I also want to remind everyone, Wal-Mart will not be buying and selling produce and fruit from our local farmers and orchardists." I wonder where she got this information because it is absolutely incorrect. Point of fact: we are currently packing local orchardists' fruit for Wal-Mart.
Also, in regards to Gary Fields' comment that Duckwall's largest building is 30,000 feet, point of fact is that our main plant under one contiguous roof is nearly as large as the proposed Wal-Mart and six times as large as Gary Fields alleges.
I am not taking a side in regards to this Wal-mart issue but I am upset that people are making statements that are unfounded and untrue. If you're going public with an allegation at least make it accurate.
Ed Weathers, fruit sales Duckwall-Pooley Fruit Co.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for June 21
- Another Voice: New legislation is win-win for community college students
- Fight leads to reported stabbing in Cascade Locks
- Former Hood River resident dies in wreck on I-84
- Columbia sturgeon season returns
- High Prairie Firehouse Sale back this weekend
- Roots and Branches: High energy children and the belief to succeed
- Entertainment Update for June 21
- Loretta and Patsy: Together Again
- Sports briefs for June 21
Hood River Valley High School graduation 2017
Scenes from graduation of the class of 2017 at Hood River Valley High School Enlarge