Wednesday, January 2, 2002
I would like to respond to Joy H. von Buschow and her letter entitled "Big Enough" (Dec. 19). She made the following statement: "I also want to remind everyone, Wal-Mart will not be buying and selling produce and fruit from our local farmers and orchardists." I wonder where she got this information because it is absolutely incorrect. Point of fact: we are currently packing local orchardists' fruit for Wal-Mart.
Also, in regards to Gary Fields' comment that Duckwall's largest building is 30,000 feet, point of fact is that our main plant under one contiguous roof is nearly as large as the proposed Wal-Mart and six times as large as Gary Fields alleges.
I am not taking a side in regards to this Wal-mart issue but I am upset that people are making statements that are unfounded and untrue. If you're going public with an allegation at least make it accurate.
Ed Weathers, fruit sales Duckwall-Pooley Fruit Co.
More like this story
- Library announces Odell bus service
- Learn the art of personal storytelling
- Steelhead, Chinook fishing clinic Feb. 27
- Help library win ‘Million Page Challenge’
- Church News: Nazarene’s install new pastor
- Letters to the Editor for Feb. 6
- MAILS and Marijuana: Legislators right to work to stamp out a bad, old regulation
- Entertainment Update for Feb. 6
- The Porch: Feb. 6
- ‘Pass The Pig’: HRVHS plans FFA Week events