Wednesday, January 9, 2002
Auditions for CAST's production of Stephen Sondheim's musical "Assassins" will be Jan. 14-15 at 7 p.m. at the CAST Theatre.
The revue-style show is a dark comedy that explores the motivations behind many acts of seemingly senseless violence, beginning with the assassination of Abraham Lincoln and ending with the assassination of John F. Kennedy. It opens in mid-April.
"The show suggests that there have been individuals so enraptured by the promises of the American dream that they have taken violent and inappropriate shortcuts to achieve it," said director Mark Steighner.
A cast of approximately 8-10 men and 4-6 women are needed for the challenging show, and while the ability to "carry a tune" is important, Steighner stressed that highly trained or developed singing voices are not essential.
"Far more important than great voices are good actors," said Steighner.
Those auditioning should come prepared to sing a song of their choice and perform an unprepared reading. For more information contact Steighner at email@example.com.
More like this story
- Hawk Migration Festival Sept. 23
- Rain eases Eagle Creek Fire, evacuations lifted
- Death Notices for Sept. 19 edition: John Wishart, Linda Fowler, William Weis, James Clifton and Crisoforo Galvan-Herrera
- Service Announcement for Sept. 20 edition: Charles Hiatt
- Evacuations lifted for all Hood River Valley
- ‘Boot Scootin’ Boogie Ball’ Oct. 7
- Weed of the month: English ivy
- Introduction to geocaching meeting Sept. 30 in Parkdale
- Smithsonian’s ‘Museum Day Live!’ celebrated at local museums
- Remembrance ceremony Oct. 15
Governor visits Hood River during fire
Oregon Gov. Kate Brown visited Hood River Hotel Thursday morning, Sept. 14, discussing economic impacts of the Eagle Creek fire with local business leaders. Attendees included Sen. Chuck Thomsen, Mayor Paul Blackburn, and business representatives from Celilo Restaurant, Double Mountain Brewery and Cascade Locks' The Renewal Workshop. For updates on the fire, stay tuned at www.hoodrivernews.com. Enlarge