Wednesday, January 16, 2002
I wanted to write and say how happy I was when Wal-Mart came to town.
When my kids were little, J.C. Penney and then Wards left town. This left me driving to The Dalles or Portland for affordable clothes.
I know for a fact that Wal-Mart supports our community. Not just with jobs. But they donate to our schools and organizations. I am one of those recipients. I get a van load of things (diapers, clothes, toys and animal food) a few times a month. These things get passed on to single parents, low-income parents and seniors. You have no idea how much these things are welcomed.
I am so glad that Wal-Mart is a store that gives, and is not a store that is wasteful and throws things away in the dumpster. They do care for our community. Please keep Wal-Mart in Hood River.
More like this story
- Service announcement for Nov. 25
- Yesteryears: Postal Route 6 added to HR Postal Service 1975
- Art Sale and Show at CCA
- Wy’east lists first-quarter honor roll
- How to Help, updated for Nov. 25
- Friends of Mt. Adams host ‘Cougar Creek burn’ forum
- Freeze Frames
- Daily Bread: The parting gift
- Travelogue: Family’s two-year sojourn in Bangkok connects them to the people
- Ornament sale benefits Big Brothers Big Sisters
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge