Wednesday, January 16, 2002
I wanted to write and say how happy I was when Wal-Mart came to town.
When my kids were little, J.C. Penney and then Wards left town. This left me driving to The Dalles or Portland for affordable clothes.
I know for a fact that Wal-Mart supports our community. Not just with jobs. But they donate to our schools and organizations. I am one of those recipients. I get a van load of things (diapers, clothes, toys and animal food) a few times a month. These things get passed on to single parents, low-income parents and seniors. You have no idea how much these things are welcomed.
I am so glad that Wal-Mart is a store that gives, and is not a store that is wasteful and throws things away in the dumpster. They do care for our community. Please keep Wal-Mart in Hood River.
More like this story
- Gratitude goes out for acts of help and hospitality
- Hood River Elks Lodge makes donation to Meals on Wheels
- Police Log, Sept. 28 to Oct. 4
- Public Records, Building Permits, County, September 2015
- Upset! HRV takes down The Dalles, clinches first play-in spot since 2012
- Sports Briefs for Oct. 10
- Quick start propels HRV girls soccer to victory over Hermiston
- Water polo teams poised to make runs at the state title
- Port begins lower Hanel mill ground work
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 10
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge