Wednesday, January 23, 2002
I would like to commend Hood River County Planning Department for an excellent effort in the processing of the Wal-Mart super center building application. As was reported in the Jan. 16 edition of the Hood River News, the Planning Department asked Wal-Mart to provide more information on approximately 50 items ranging from traffic to wetland issues. The Planning Department's efforts have demonstrated an understanding that the issue of the proposed super center is of the utmost importance to all Hood River residents. Anyone who has seen the actual application submitted by Pacific Land Designs would appreciate the enormity of the task in analyzing the application and determining if the essential criteria had been addressed.
Although the Planning Department has a relatively small staff and limited resources, they have done a remarkable job to date in processing the application. From all of us Hood River residents who feel strongly about this issue one way or the other, thank you to the Planning Department for the efforts in this matter.
More like this story
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 3
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge