Wednesday, January 23, 2002
I would like to commend Hood River County Planning Department for an excellent effort in the processing of the Wal-Mart super center building application. As was reported in the Jan. 16 edition of the Hood River News, the Planning Department asked Wal-Mart to provide more information on approximately 50 items ranging from traffic to wetland issues. The Planning Department's efforts have demonstrated an understanding that the issue of the proposed super center is of the utmost importance to all Hood River residents. Anyone who has seen the actual application submitted by Pacific Land Designs would appreciate the enormity of the task in analyzing the application and determining if the essential criteria had been addressed.
Although the Planning Department has a relatively small staff and limited resources, they have done a remarkable job to date in processing the application. From all of us Hood River residents who feel strongly about this issue one way or the other, thank you to the Planning Department for the efforts in this matter.
More like this story
- Author signing event at Waucoma Sept. 2
- Public records: Marriage permits, Aug. 1 to 22
- Pet of the Week: Bentley will make you wonder how you lived without him
- Genealogical Society meets Sept. 10
- ‘Our Whole Lives’ sexuality class for middle schoolers starts in fall
- A pastor called to a new house: Anna Carmichael of St. Mark's accepts position in California, passes Warming Shelter baton
- First Windermere golf tournament raises $6,000 for Stevenson Program
- Season Preview: Volleyball
- New teachers and licensed staff join Hood River County Schools
- Who says there’s no more summer fun?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge