Wednesday, January 23, 2002
I would like to commend Hood River County Planning Department for an excellent effort in the processing of the Wal-Mart super center building application. As was reported in the Jan. 16 edition of the Hood River News, the Planning Department asked Wal-Mart to provide more information on approximately 50 items ranging from traffic to wetland issues. The Planning Department's efforts have demonstrated an understanding that the issue of the proposed super center is of the utmost importance to all Hood River residents. Anyone who has seen the actual application submitted by Pacific Land Designs would appreciate the enormity of the task in analyzing the application and determining if the essential criteria had been addressed.
Although the Planning Department has a relatively small staff and limited resources, they have done a remarkable job to date in processing the application. From all of us Hood River residents who feel strongly about this issue one way or the other, thank you to the Planning Department for the efforts in this matter.
More like this story
- On Stage for Christmas
- Gorge Kids in Action — filling a wish list for others
- Looking for fun? Try mini-golf this weekend
- Warm gifts: Parkhurst says thank you
- Hospice Youth thanks veterans for their service
- Lions grocery contest winners announced
- Columbia Art Center ‘Nook’ features artist Steve Stegall
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 28
- Minoru Yasui: Governor adds to Hood River native’s Presidential Medal of Freedom honor
- Class of ’66 seeks classmates
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge