Wednesday, January 23, 2002
BEAVERTON — Both the HRV varsity and JV wrestling teams won the Beaverton Invitational Saturday with dual meet wins over Madison, Beaverton and Lakeridge.
The Eagles boasted a jaw-dropping 16 individual champions in the all-day event and appear to be buckling down in preparation for their final three conference dual meets, as well as the district meet Feb. 15-16.
Individual champions for the Eagles at the varsity level were 112-pound Josh Van Ek, 119-pound Esteban Avila, who is trying to regain top form after missing three meets, 135-pound Felipe Magana, 140-pound John Harvey, 145-pound Trent Shelton, 160-pound Jacobe Krizman, who continues to overwhelm every opponent he faces, 171-pound Jason Macioroski, 215-pound Nathan Nash, and 275-pound Jorge Lujano.
JV winners were Erik Flory (119), Cody Cataldo (140), Ryan Flory (145), Caleb Wold (152), Noel Thomas (160), Paul Robinson (171) and Matt Cody (189).
Coach Mark Brown likes where the team is at and hopes to finish the dual-meet season on a roll.
“It may come down to our last meet at David Douglas (Feb. 6),” he said. “They want to win the district as bad as we do.”
HRV faces Reynolds in its final home meet Thursday at 7:30 p.m.
More like this story
- Author signing event at Waucoma Sept. 2
- Public records: Marriage permits, Aug. 1 to 22
- Pet of the Week: Bentley will make you wonder how you lived without him
- Genealogical Society meets Sept. 10
- ‘Our Whole Lives’ sexuality class for middle schoolers starts in fall
- A pastor called to a new house: Anna Carmichael of St. Mark's accepts position in California, passes Warming Shelter baton
- First Windermere golf tournament raises $6,000 for Stevenson Program
- Season Preview: Volleyball
- New teachers and licensed staff join Hood River County Schools
- Who says there’s no more summer fun?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge