Wednesday, January 23, 2002
BEAVERTON — Both the HRV varsity and JV wrestling teams won the Beaverton Invitational Saturday with dual meet wins over Madison, Beaverton and Lakeridge.
The Eagles boasted a jaw-dropping 16 individual champions in the all-day event and appear to be buckling down in preparation for their final three conference dual meets, as well as the district meet Feb. 15-16.
Individual champions for the Eagles at the varsity level were 112-pound Josh Van Ek, 119-pound Esteban Avila, who is trying to regain top form after missing three meets, 135-pound Felipe Magana, 140-pound John Harvey, 145-pound Trent Shelton, 160-pound Jacobe Krizman, who continues to overwhelm every opponent he faces, 171-pound Jason Macioroski, 215-pound Nathan Nash, and 275-pound Jorge Lujano.
JV winners were Erik Flory (119), Cody Cataldo (140), Ryan Flory (145), Caleb Wold (152), Noel Thomas (160), Paul Robinson (171) and Matt Cody (189).
Coach Mark Brown likes where the team is at and hopes to finish the dual-meet season on a roll.
“It may come down to our last meet at David Douglas (Feb. 6),” he said. “They want to win the district as bad as we do.”
HRV faces Reynolds in its final home meet Thursday at 7:30 p.m.
More like this story
- Service Announcement for Oct. 26: Vernon Picking
- Death Notices for Oct. 26: Mary Stinson, Wilma Bolton, Kathleen Coffey, Thomas Pierce and Evelyn Helseth
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 22
- Another Voice: Community of caring, and the public issue of homelessness
- ‘Catch Me If You Can’ opens next weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 22
- Bridging Marine Park
- Death café at the library Oct. 26
- Halloween’s a Coming: Your Guide to Fun Oct. 29-31
- What’s the BUZZ on pollinators?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge