Wednesday, January 30, 2002
The Hood River County School District's tobacco prevention talks are given in both English and Spanish, with each lasting about 45 minutes. They are given during scheduled Project PM times, when the libraries are open for the public, parents and students.
* May Street School: Jan. 28. 5 p.m. Spanish, 6 p.m. English.
* Pine Grove Elementary: Jan. 29. 4:30 p.m. Spanish, 5:30 p.m. English.
* Mid Valley Elementary: Feb. 4. 6 p.m. Spanish, 7 p.m. English.
* Hood River Middle School: Feb. 5. 5 p.m. Spanish, 6 p.m. English.
* Wy'east Middle School: Feb. 12. 6 p.m. Spanish, 7 p.m. English.
* Cascade Locks School: Feb. 19. 6 p.m. Spanish, 7 p.m. English.
More like this story
- Service announcement for Nov. 25
- Yesteryears: Postal Route 6 added to HR Postal Service 1975
- Art Sale and Show at CCA
- Wy’east lists first-quarter honor roll
- How to Help, updated for Nov. 25
- Friends of Mt. Adams host ‘Cougar Creek burn’ forum
- Freeze Frames
- Daily Bread: The parting gift
- Travelogue: Family’s two-year sojourn in Bangkok connects them to the people
- Ornament sale benefits Big Brothers Big Sisters
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge