Wednesday, July 3, 2002
The Hood River Downtown Business Association and GorgeArts in association with local artists, performers and businesses will recognize independent artists of the Gorge with a “Celebration of Independence” during First Friday in Hood River on July 5, 2002.
On the First Friday of every month, dozens of local artists exhibit their creations at Downtown Hood River businesses.
Each participating business extends its hours until 8 p.m. and hosts one or more featured artists who are on hand throughout the evening.
Highlighted artists for the July event include Jane Pagliarulo and Sorcha Meek Paul at Columbia Art Gallery, Karen Watson at Frame Gallery, Jess Caudill and Don Shaw at Full Sail Brewing, Sally Bailey at Hood River Stationers, Darrly Lloyd at Waucoma Bookstore and many more featured artists and locations.
Highlighted musicians include Samba Hood Rio at Windwear/Mike’s Ice Cream, Swing Crew at Hood River Bagel Co., Mark Wample at Hood River Hotel, Charles Crosman at At Home on Oak Street, John Henry at River City Saloon and White Rhino at Dell-Mart.
HOPE (HOusing for PEople, Inc.) will be holding a silent auction fundraiser for their Emergency Shelter Program during First Friday on Friday at the Hood River Bagel Co.
Among the more than 50 items up for auction will be a Heelside snowboard, a 10-punch pass courtesy of Mt. Hood Meadows, Dakine backpacks, a Karen Watson original watercolor, and numerous gift certificates to local restaurants and shops.
The downtown event will be held the First Friday of each month from 5-8 p.m. through December.
More like this story
- Author signing event at Waucoma Sept. 2
- Public records: Marriage permits, Aug. 1 to 22
- Pet of the Week: Bentley will make you wonder how you lived without him
- Genealogical Society meets Sept. 10
- ‘Our Whole Lives’ sexuality class for middle schoolers starts in fall
- A pastor called to a new house: Anna Carmichael of St. Mark's accepts position in California, passes Warming Shelter baton
- First Windermere golf tournament raises $6,000 for Stevenson Program
- Season Preview: Volleyball
- New teachers and licensed staff join Hood River County Schools
- Who says there’s no more summer fun?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge