Wednesday, July 3, 2002
The Hood River Downtown Business Association and GorgeArts in association with local artists, performers and businesses will recognize independent artists of the Gorge with a “Celebration of Independence” during First Friday in Hood River on July 5, 2002.
On the First Friday of every month, dozens of local artists exhibit their creations at Downtown Hood River businesses.
Each participating business extends its hours until 8 p.m. and hosts one or more featured artists who are on hand throughout the evening.
Highlighted artists for the July event include Jane Pagliarulo and Sorcha Meek Paul at Columbia Art Gallery, Karen Watson at Frame Gallery, Jess Caudill and Don Shaw at Full Sail Brewing, Sally Bailey at Hood River Stationers, Darrly Lloyd at Waucoma Bookstore and many more featured artists and locations.
Highlighted musicians include Samba Hood Rio at Windwear/Mike’s Ice Cream, Swing Crew at Hood River Bagel Co., Mark Wample at Hood River Hotel, Charles Crosman at At Home on Oak Street, John Henry at River City Saloon and White Rhino at Dell-Mart.
HOPE (HOusing for PEople, Inc.) will be holding a silent auction fundraiser for their Emergency Shelter Program during First Friday on Friday at the Hood River Bagel Co.
Among the more than 50 items up for auction will be a Heelside snowboard, a 10-punch pass courtesy of Mt. Hood Meadows, Dakine backpacks, a Karen Watson original watercolor, and numerous gift certificates to local restaurants and shops.
The downtown event will be held the First Friday of each month from 5-8 p.m. through December.
More like this story
- Fireworks: ‘Keep it safe, keep it legal’
- Youth mobile nutrition program returns at two Hood River locations
- County board slates $200K in Windmaster Plan for Airport
- ‘Stick to the Westside plan’
- Letters to the Editor for June 28
- Math in a Basket: a second grade teacher sees the connections
- Public Records: Building Records
- Find Your Park
- YESTERYEARS ‘Capacity crowd’ fills Hood River High School auditorium for Flag Day in 1947
- Sports briefs for June 28
Peter Marbach hurries to save his tent from the wind
Peter Marbach comes to the rescue of his wind blown tent. Enlarge