Friday, July 12, 2002
Laura Hess and Tut Waters put together a sterling combined round of 153 to win the 2002 Horn of Plenty Tournament, held July 8-9 at Hood River Golf and Country Club.
Lady golfers from all over the Gorge and as far away as Lincoln City joined in the festivities.
Darlene Barber and Bev Tuttle showed equally well, winning the low net competition with a combined score of 131.
In Class A, Darlene Roberts and Jo Smith posted the low gross score of 173, barely beating out Sue Gaulke and Sharon Mackin, who shot 172.
In Class B, Linda Adcock and Trish Cosner shot the low gross score of 187 to beat out Kathy Guthrie and Clara Rice, who shot a 192.
Top honors in Class C went to Chris Felton and Vera Hawk, who shot 203. The second place team was Bev Stacey and Carlean Ward with a 209.
Low net honors in Class A went to Patty Hukari and Sharon Price with a score of 135. Susan Gutzler and Patsy Prideaux came in second with a 137.
Class B low net champs for 2002 are Carole Murphy and Elaine Rife, who shot a 136 to distance themselves from second place team Virginia Baldwin and Kaz Sumoge, who shot 148.
The Closest to Pin winners on Monday were Hess in Class A, Cosner in Class B, and Felton in Class C.
On Tuesday, Waters earned the Closest to Pin bragging rights in Class A, while Rice topped Class B and Felton again topped Class C.
Long Drive winners for Monday were Gaulke in Class A, Janet Benson in Class B and Sumoge in Class C.
Tuttle out-drove the field in Class A on Tuesday, and Marilyn Winter topped the Class B field. No long drive winners were reported for Class C on Tuesday.
More like this story
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 3
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge