Friday, July 19, 2002
The Sprint Families in the Park series celebrates its 20th year with a month-long lineup of concerts in Jackson Park.
The shows, each Thursday in August, start at 7 p.m. but the festivities begin earlier as picnickers gather on the lawn and community groups serve up food.
Johnny Limbo and the Lugnuts bring their classic rock ’n’ roll to the Aug. 1 series kick-off, sponsored by Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital. Hood River Adult Center will serve up a barbecue and Special Olympics will sell root beer floats.
Hood River Community Education sponsors Families in the Park, with the help of numerous local businesses.
Hood River favorite Moe Dixon takes the stage Aug. 8, in an evening sponsored by Citizens for Responsible Growth.
More like this story
- Update -- Police seeking man involved in kidnapping between Mosier, Portland
- Back to school for students in Hood River County
- Cascade Observations: Looking back, looking ahead
- HRV Health Center opens
- Wine takes center stage this week, weekend
- Yesteryears: Cornerstone laid at new St. Mark’s in 1925
- Entertainment Update for Sept. 2
- Columbia Gorge Discovery Center dedicates renewable energy exhibit
- Pet of the Week: Angelina loves car rides, long walks
- Public Records — Marriage Permits, July 31 to Aug. 31
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge