Friday, July 19, 2002
The Sprint Families in the Park series celebrates its 20th year with a month-long lineup of concerts in Jackson Park.
The shows, each Thursday in August, start at 7 p.m. but the festivities begin earlier as picnickers gather on the lawn and community groups serve up food.
Johnny Limbo and the Lugnuts bring their classic rock ’n’ roll to the Aug. 1 series kick-off, sponsored by Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital. Hood River Adult Center will serve up a barbecue and Special Olympics will sell root beer floats.
Hood River Community Education sponsors Families in the Park, with the help of numerous local businesses.
Hood River favorite Moe Dixon takes the stage Aug. 8, in an evening sponsored by Citizens for Responsible Growth.
More like this story
- Peace Walk: Take steps for a ‘safe future’ on Wednesday
- ‘We Love You to China and Back’: Community rallies for local family on July 31
- Mosier groundwater contaminated after derailment spill
- Stage set for new waterfront buildings
- Hood River Farmers’ Market offers local produce, more
- July 23 Stoked anniversary bash helps LymeLight
- Paving closes exit 62
- Foster parent recruitment meeting July 25 in TD
- Gaulke Dental joins Hood River Dental
- Rand Road water line
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge