Friday, July 19, 2002
The Sprint Families in the Park series celebrates its 20th year with a month-long lineup of concerts in Jackson Park.
The shows, each Thursday in August, start at 7 p.m. but the festivities begin earlier as picnickers gather on the lawn and community groups serve up food.
Johnny Limbo and the Lugnuts bring their classic rock ’n’ roll to the Aug. 1 series kick-off, sponsored by Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital. Hood River Adult Center will serve up a barbecue and Special Olympics will sell root beer floats.
Hood River Community Education sponsors Families in the Park, with the help of numerous local businesses.
Hood River favorite Moe Dixon takes the stage Aug. 8, in an evening sponsored by Citizens for Responsible Growth.
More like this story
- Service Announcement for Oct. 26: Vernon Picking
- Death Notices for Oct. 26: Mary Stinson, Wilma Bolton, Kathleen Coffey, Thomas Pierce and Evelyn Helseth
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 22
- Another Voice: Community of caring, and the public issue of homelessness
- ‘Catch Me If You Can’ opens next weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 22
- Bridging Marine Park
- Death café at the library Oct. 26
- Halloween’s a Coming: Your Guide to Fun Oct. 29-31
- What’s the BUZZ on pollinators?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge