Friday, July 19, 2002
The Sprint Families in the Park series celebrates its 20th year with a month-long lineup of concerts in Jackson Park.
The shows, each Thursday in August, start at 7 p.m. but the festivities begin earlier as picnickers gather on the lawn and community groups serve up food.
Johnny Limbo and the Lugnuts bring their classic rock ’n’ roll to the Aug. 1 series kick-off, sponsored by Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital. Hood River Adult Center will serve up a barbecue and Special Olympics will sell root beer floats.
Hood River Community Education sponsors Families in the Park, with the help of numerous local businesses.
Hood River favorite Moe Dixon takes the stage Aug. 8, in an evening sponsored by Citizens for Responsible Growth.
More like this story
- Fireworks: ‘Keep it safe, keep it legal’
- Youth mobile nutrition program returns at two Hood River locations
- County board slates $200K in Windmaster Plan for Airport
- ‘Stick to the Westside plan’
- Letters to the Editor for June 28
- Math in a Basket: a second grade teacher sees the connections
- Public Records: Building Records
- Find Your Park
- YESTERYEARS ‘Capacity crowd’ fills Hood River High School auditorium for Flag Day in 1947
- Sports briefs for June 28
Peter Marbach hurries to save his tent from the wind
Peter Marbach comes to the rescue of his wind blown tent. Enlarge