Friday, July 19, 2002
The Sprint Families in the Park series celebrates its 20th year with a month-long lineup of concerts in Jackson Park.
The shows, each Thursday in August, start at 7 p.m. but the festivities begin earlier as picnickers gather on the lawn and community groups serve up food.
Johnny Limbo and the Lugnuts bring their classic rock ’n’ roll to the Aug. 1 series kick-off, sponsored by Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital. Hood River Adult Center will serve up a barbecue and Special Olympics will sell root beer floats.
Hood River Community Education sponsors Families in the Park, with the help of numerous local businesses.
Hood River favorite Moe Dixon takes the stage Aug. 8, in an evening sponsored by Citizens for Responsible Growth.
More like this story
- Fire burns Underwood Fruit & Warehouse Wednesday
- Second annual ‘Rooted’ story event on Nov. 2
- HRVAC hosts harvest dinner
- Eagle Creek fire info meetings Oct. 17-18 in CL, HR
- Local farm named among ‘Best Places to Pick Apples’
- Colors Day
- Two quilt shows in the Gorge
- Roots and Branches: Principles set in stone
- YESTERYEARS: Cooper Spur district gets electric service in 1947
- Letters to the Editor, Oct. 18 edition
Sixth Annual Harvest Fest Pie Eating Contest
The sixth annual Pie Eating Contest at Hood River Harvest Fest is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and HRVHS youth service group Leaders for Tomorrow. HRVHS student Dylan Polewczyk won the 1-minute fruit-pie eating event. Key rule, as stated by Chamber President Jason Shaner, “You have to eat the pie, you can’t just dislocate it. We will be checking for pie dislocation.” Enlarge