Tuesday, July 23, 2002
Toca, Ism playing at Savino’s
An unplugged version of Rubberneck’s latin funk comes to Hood River this Friday. Toca, featuring members from Rubberneck, will be playing as part of Savino’s summer concert series. On Thursday, the funk/rock/jazz expression of Ism returns for an evening show at the downtown lounge. Time and cover is yet to be determined. Coming in August will be Linda Hornbuckle.
deLay returns to the Grill
Paul deLay returns to the Riverside Grill in a performance with the Blues Monsters. This free event takes place in the lounge on Saturday, July 27, starting at 9 p.m. deLay's latest recording, Heavy Rotation (2001), has been critically acclaimed as a masterpiece that clearly reveals a unique artist in his prime. Paul is unquestionably one of the greatest and most innovative writers, singers and instrumentalists playing blues today. Friday night, July 27, at the Grill showcases the reggae music of Portland's own Rhythm Culture. Music starts at 9 p.m. and carries no cover charge.
Middle Eastern rhythms coming
This weekend brings an eclectic mix of music to the River City Saloon. Starting with the middle eastern influences of Brother the Baladi on Friday, and changing gears on Saturday with the local craziness of Rubber Chicken Lollipop. Both shows start at 9:30 p.m. and there will be a cover charge. For more information, visit www.rivercitysaloon.com
More like this story
- Lorang Fine Art open house will be Oct. 4
- Body of missing paddle boarder found in Columbia River
- Lummi Totem visits Hood River
- Living with Smoke
- Toward a healthier HRV: Health Center serves students this fall
- CL Port hosts Aug. 29 Bridge of the Gods walk
- Lost hiker, 75, found safe at Laurance Lake
- Brian Stenberg returns to his roots as Horizon’s new A.D.
- In its fifth running, Paddle Challenge is bigger than ever
- Cougar Creek fire creeps north
Helicopter searches for hiker
BLACKHAWK helicopter flies over Mt. Hood National Forest near Laurance Lake on Friday, Aug. 21. The military aircraft was called in to help police seek a missing hiker from The Dalles. Enlarge